Answers needed ASAP Questions on ZE Intake Manifold, ECU

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
RobertoCarlos

Answers needed ASAP Questions on ZE Intake Manifold, ECU

Post by RobertoCarlos »

I have a 95 MX-3 and just recently did the KL ZE swap. I was wondering what intake manifold would work the best being that my engine came witht he one that couldnt be used? Also with the J spec ecu, doesnt it have a top speed cut off? If not then does it throw out any codes and where can I get one. Or would it be better to just send my ecu to Corksport and have them tune it for me to the specs. Another big questiopn was I heard the Hot Shot headers for an mx-6 would work on a mx-3 with only minor mods. Can anyone verify for me. Thanks.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Answers needed ASAP Questions on ZE Intake Manifold, ECU

Post by Custommx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RobertoCarlos:
I have a 95 MX-3 and just recently did the KL ZE swap. I was wondering what intake manifold would work the best being that my engine came witht he one that couldnt be used? Also with the J spec ecu, doesnt it have a top speed cut off? If not then does it throw out any codes and where can I get one. Or would it be better to just send my ecu to Corksport and have them tune it for me to the specs. Another big questiopn was I heard the Hot Shot headers for an mx-6 would work on a mx-3 with only minor mods. Can anyone verify for me. Thanks.<hr></blockquote><p>Get a IM for a 2.5L 1995 millenia. Its the same + EGR (it can be bloced off) As far as the ECU goes, Im unsure about the cut off but I know you can get one form LAzzie (refer to the user feedback forum for contact info) Hotshot headers will work, but you have to modify your exhaust to get them to fit. I believe they are longer than your stock and some has to be cut off of your existing one near your flexpiipe.
RobertoCarlos

Post by RobertoCarlos »

Where can I get a 95 Milleneia IM form wiht out going to Mazda. And you also say the ecu will work but dont know about a top speed cut off. Whaty about any engine codes once you switch from 1.8 ECU to the Jpec. And the headers you say will work but need minor mods. One more questions would the fuel rails or injectors ont eh manifold my ze came with be bigger than the 1.8's. Thanks
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

try www.car-part.com for the manifold.<p>you can cut the speed sensor wire to the ecu and remove the speed limiter. not sure what exact wire it is though.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

J-spec cars dont have cel so you wont have to worry about throwing codes with the J-spec ecu.
65 shot > V8

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”