will the KF-ZE fit?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ilovemymazda

will the KF-ZE fit?

Post by ilovemymazda »

will the kf-ze from corksport fit into my 93 gs without me having to replace anything. i blew the engine because it was low on oil. so is it worth it to get the 2.0 or should i find another 1.8. i really want my car back soon so help me.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: will the KF-ZE fit?

Post by Custommx3 »

again, wrong. :) <p>tha KFZE will work just fine, I have one. Just talk to Lazzie and get the right ECU and it'll work just fine.
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Dj Continum Please read up , I know you are new just don't post wrongful information if your not sure , Kl-ZE's are not alot of problems they are more work , But what do you expect out of a hybrid setup .
Kris
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
UrBaNsTyLe55

Post by UrBaNsTyLe55 »

hey custommx3 how does the kf-ze run any strong points about it, and do you need the ms8 ecu to run it or can you use the mx-6 one, i to have a kf-ze haven't finished instalation yet into my protege
92 323 KF-ZE V6 swap done by me 2 1/4 header back exhaust no cat car now for sale for very cheap! email me at queensnysfinnest@aol.com for pics and questions
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

you HAVE to have a KFZE ECU.<p>I'll probably be using a 1.8L IM untill I can get a KFZE one thats curved. Or I may modify the car to use the straight neck KFZE one.<p>Image<p>[ September 05, 2003: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</p>
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

We will soon find out if that is the right ecu for the kfze because I will be mailing one off in a couple days... the KF manifolds I have seen are sooooo close to the k8 manifold. Oh and to correct whoever said the ze swap is harder than an 03(DE) swap is wrong all 3 motors are basically the same....
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

why is the kl-ze more work? i dont get it, but for me the ze is worth the work for the 40hp
"the comma is the weakest of all operators, even the equals, EVEN THE EQUALS! bullies the comma"
--claude comair
food for thought
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Well, the distributors have to be swapped (cause its stock with an external coil on the KLZE and the KL is the same distributor as the K8.) Also the ZE doesnt have the EGR setup, the KL does. Also the engine coolant temp sensor on some have to be swapped over (drilled and tapped).
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

dP its not 40hp its 70hp so yes its worth it.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
UrBaNsTyLe55

Post by UrBaNsTyLe55 »

so i couldn't run my kf-ze with my mx-6 ecu
92 323 KF-ZE V6 swap done by me 2 1/4 header back exhaust no cat car now for sale for very cheap! email me at queensnysfinnest@aol.com for pics and questions
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Nope.. will run like crap, if it will run.
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Custommx3:
you HAVE to have a KFZE ECU.<p>I'll probably be using a 1.8L IM untill I can get a KFZE one thats curved. Or I may modify the car to use the straight neck KFZE one.<p>Image<p>[ September 05, 2003: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]<hr></blockquote><p>hey man, what happend with the MAF, did you use the KF MAF or did you use the K8 JE50 VAF?<p>[ September 06, 2003: Message edited by: curtklze ]</p>
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
UrBaNsTyLe55

Post by UrBaNsTyLe55 »

so where can i get the kf-ze ecu, and for how much
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by UrBaNsTyLe55:
so where can i get the kf-ze ecu, and for how much<hr></blockquote><p>Do a search. I believe Lazzie can get them. There's also a guy in NZ or AUS (can't remember) who I believe can source one for you.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”