vac hose on box?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
pickinganame

vac hose on box?

Post by pickinganame »

theres a little hose on the air box i connected it to a breather it makes this loud sucking noise and it sounds like its about to die i thought you could put a breather on it please help me ???
thecause17

Re: vac hose on box?

Post by thecause17 »

What do you mean it sounds like it's going to die? Are you having idle problems. As far as I know, you should just be able to put a breather on it. if i remember right, that line doesn't suck a whole lot of vaccum. In the 2.5 I had, I acutally just let it hang, never even put a breather on it, never had a single problem.
'99 Ranger XLT Offroad 4.0 4x4
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

Gosh there has been a lot of discussion on this little hose lately. hehe Ya, you can, absolutely put a filter on it and let it hang. If you are having some problems, either you aren't talking about the same hose (there are several in that area) or it's something else.
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
pickinganame

Post by pickinganame »

yea its the little hose connected to the box its very small its sucking alot of air now thati put a breather on it it makes a very loud noise sucking noise
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

That's because you CAN'T put a breather on this, because it makes a nice huge vacuum leak for the engine.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
pickinganame

Post by pickinganame »

well i can put a breather there and i found out the nosie it was my pvc sticking up well thought i would let you guys know :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”