Please Help. Need Swap Suggestions.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Please Help. Need Swap Suggestions.

Post by Nallboy »

I found a sweet deal on a 92 Mx-3 so I jumped on it. I`m getting it painted this week and I`ve already taken care ofthe interior.
Problem is I hardly know anything about the car. As much as I`d like to, I don`t have time to do the swap myself, but right now I just need some help with my options.
What are the ad/disadvantages of a 1.8 4cy to a 1.8 6cy to a 2.5? Also SOHC/DOHC info? I`m in straits here!It`s a great car bt it`s still a stock 1.6 4cy SOHC and S...L...O...W... so this Mx-3 newbie needs some help from all you veterans out there. Gearbox info would also be appreciated.
Thanks!
stayin fresh,
Nallboy
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
pelado

Re: Please Help. Need Swap Suggestions.

Post by pelado »

You need to do some research. There is plenty of info on this board and on www.mx-3.com without the need to start a new thread on this.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
VizualXTC

Re: Please Help. Need Swap Suggestions.

Post by VizualXTC »

Search the board and the web for b6t and bpt swaps. You can go to www.corksport.com and they sell both engines, as does www.streetimports.com. The B6T will drop right in and offers 136HP (as opposed to your 88 in your SOHC RS) so it would feel great. Also, you can get the BPT which costs a little more and requires a little more in the installation. This engine has 180BHP or 210BHP depending on the version you get (the 210HP engine is VERY hard to come by). It will cost you an arm and a leg to swap from a 4cyl to a V6. You basically have to take everything from the firewall back of a GS and swap it. The 1.8L BPT is a very good swap for your car. Talk to Cre8tv MX3. He has this swap, as do a few others on the board. But like Pelado said, in the upper right of the screen there is a search function, and this subject has been gone over a few times. Welcome to MX-3.com.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”