Does the KLZE sound better than K8

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Sean Mandell

Does the KLZE sound better than K8

Post by Sean Mandell »

Just 1derin if there is any difference in the exhaust sound of the 2. I love how the k8 sounds and I wanted to know if the KLZE sounds as good or better.
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
BigProbe

Re: Does the KLZE sound better than K8

Post by BigProbe »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nvrsrndr:<BR><STRONG>Just 1derin if there is any difference in the exhaust sound of the 2. I love how the k8 sounds and I wanted to know if the KLZE sounds as good or better.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>depends on the muffler...but as "Sounds" and "Better" are purely measured in relation to ones opinion, you'll have mixed results. <P>If you just want good sound, get an electric blow off Valve box...then your car will make a neat "Phhhhhhssssssssssstt" sound! :)
Darin<BR>93 Probe GT<BR>242hp/256tq (wheel)<BR>Custom Intake<BR>93 Miata LE (#935 of 1500)<BR>102hp/92tq (PHEAR!)<BR>GReddy Catback<P>[This message has be edited by David Coleman (edited February 17, 2001).]
MattPPK007

Post by MattPPK007 »

If you want to get an electrical FAKE blow-off valve sound, put it on a civic, don't discrace an MX-3 with that crap. Nobody likes a ricer.
93 GS Blaze Red
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

umm I don't think so, I meant when I change the motor will the engine sound different with the same exhaust set up?
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
BigProbe

Post by BigProbe »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nvrsrndr:<BR><STRONG>umm I don't think so, I meant when I change the motor will the engine sound different with the same exhaust set up?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Yes. You'll be pushing more air thru the same sized place. <P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Darin<BR>93 Probe GT<BR>242hp/256tq (wheel)<BR>Custom Intake<BR>93 Miata LE (#935 of 1500)<BR>102hp/92tq (PHEAR!)<BR>GReddy Catback<P>[This message has be edited by David Coleman (edited February 17, 2001).]
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

mine sounds like a cold air intake??? My exhaust is still stock though, need bigger pipes!
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”