transaxle trouble

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Dave Rocque

transaxle trouble

Post by Dave Rocque »

The HOLD button lite starting flashing on my console a few days ago and I've read that this is an indication to an electrical problem in the transaxle. It definately feels like the transmission is failing on me in the lower gears but seems to be ok at highway speeds. The closest tranny guy I trust is about 30 minutes away. Could I damage my tranny by driving this distance? CAn anyone tell me exactly what the transaxle does and if it is likely a computer failure I am facing? Any help would be cool.<p>[ September 29, 2002: Message edited by: rockstar ]
MattPPK007

Re: transaxle trouble

Post by MattPPK007 »

Hey, I have a GS auto as well and my hold light started flashing one night when i turned my car on... it only did it that one time and i havent had any problems with my transmission. I'm not saying not to worry, im just telling you that nothing went wrong with mine.
93 GS Blaze Red
Sonicxtacy02

Re: transaxle trouble

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

Hold light flashing could be a number of mechanical problems. What i would recommend you do is use the hold function to keep the car in 3rd gear when you make your trip. Avoid shifting as much as possible and you will make it. I once had to drive my car in second gear 25 miles from work to home when my tranny failed. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”