Top Speed?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
pcperez83

Top Speed?

Post by pcperez83 »

just curious what everybody's top speed in an automatic mx-3 gs is cuz i topped mine out at 181 km/h, and according to car info i looked up this is accurate, if so is there anyway of making the car go faster?
Sonicxtacy02

Re: Top Speed?

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

um what rpm are you hitting 112mphs at. That is awfully low. I'm somewhere around 5500rpm at 112 and still climbing
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
pcperez83

Post by pcperez83 »

yeah but i drive an automatic, top speed is somewhere around 200 km/h on a manual transmission, i think somewhere around 5000 rpm
ZUNE MX-3 Gs

Post by ZUNE MX-3 Gs »

At first it was very hard for my 92 Gs to catch the 200 Km/h, and then I swap the throttle body for the Kl one, swapped the stock headers for the Kl ones, swap the cat for a test pipe and installed a Twister Green air filter with cold air to it and now I can pull that speed easily, and the fastest speed I had already was a little more than 215 km/h. :D
BE FAST!!!
ZUNE MX-3 Gs

Post by ZUNE MX-3 Gs »

It was around 7000 Rpm. Anyone knows how to make it rev further?
BE FAST!!!
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

My 92 STOCK GS model does 230 km/h, for a top speed. That's why our car comes with V rated tires, not T or H. At that speed I am doing about 6500-7000 rpms, depending on the temperature outside.<P>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> yeah but i drive an automatic, top speed is somewhere around 200 km/h on a manual transmission, i think somewhere around 5000 rpm <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I have an auto too. Maybe its the difference in trannies, i have the mx-6 tranny now. Still though i dont remember it being that low when i had the 3 tranny either
Shaun Newman
ZUNE MX-3 Gs

Post by ZUNE MX-3 Gs »

How does gears become with the 626 tranny? what it´s top speed? (with K8 motor)
BE FAST!!!
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

Some things to remember about speed.<P>If your car has a body kit It will not go as fast because of wind resistance.More so in an automatic. If your stoped and you keep your foot on the brake while in drive and you step on the gas, the engine rpm's go up but your not moving. The same thing happens with wind resistance.<P>Also if your engine is worn or low on power you wont go as fast.<P>It may seem dumb but even a slight incline will reduce your top speed, Same thing about going down hill but you will go faster.<P>Driving my old 86 Crown victoria my normal top speed was 165-170 kph. But when going down a very modist decline with the wind pushing me I was able to go 185.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

i havent tried a max speed run on this tranny.. its just getting out of the breakin period, but the gears are definitely longer which allows me to stay in high rpms longer, its not a problem redlining first.
Shaun Newman
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

my 92 gsR :) topped out at 135mph at 7,000rpms, it can't go any further...
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007
ZUNE MX-3 Gs

Post by ZUNE MX-3 Gs »

in what cars the taller gearing tranny can be found? It has a good pull on fifth gear?
BE FAST!!!
mmac
Supporting Member

Post by mmac »

I think mx6 tranny should give you gearing for a top speed of about 235-240kmh or 145-150mph in fifth, provided the engine is powerful enough to get it there.
1994 MX-3 ZE
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

the 626 auto tranny has the tallest gears of alll the trannys that will fit in out cars<BR>then it goes, mx6, probe, mx3
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
chance

Post by chance »

My stock 92 MX-3 GS got to a little over 150 MPH fairly easily. I was only slightly over 7000 RPMs but I didn't want to push it any further. My car has plenty of top end but what can I do about its lack of torque. I know a 2.5 swap would do the trick but thats out of the question do to my lack of courency problem.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”