Exhaust Manifold

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3-precidia-gs-1995

Exhaust Manifold

Post by mx3-precidia-gs-1995 »

Hi <BR>I study in mechanical engeneering and i wonder if it's possible to build a dual exhaust manifold like on a Viper or car like that...I want to have a dual exhaust or sidepipe...Did somebody already have one ?<BR>If you have info please contact me!!!<BR>Thanks
VizualXTC

Re: Exhaust Manifold

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx3-precidia-gs-1995:<BR><STRONG>Hi <BR>I study in mechanical engeneering and i wonder if it's possible to build a dual exhaust manifold like on a Viper or car like that...I want to have a dual exhaust or sidepipe...Did somebody already have one ?<BR>If you have info please contact me!!!<BR>Thanks</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Sure it's possible. You mean one pipe coming off each side of the "v"? I don't know what kind of gains if any you will get, but it's possible.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
ZUNE MX-3 Gs

Post by ZUNE MX-3 Gs »

I have already installed a semi-dual pipe from a 2.5 kl, and have better top end!!
BE FAST!!!
mx3-precidia-gs-1995

Post by mx3-precidia-gs-1995 »

Thanks for reply!<P>can you send me a picture ou something to help me buid one.From where did you get it?
ZUNE MX-3 Gs

Post by ZUNE MX-3 Gs »

I took them from a junkyard. They belonged to a Probe GT. The only mods I had to do were to cut the flange from the rear block and twist it a few degrees. To do it the right way, I bolted on the stock headers to a piece of wood, then cut the rear flange from the KL headers, bolt the KL headers on the wood, and then weld the rear flange, not too much work. Then you will had to enlarge the silent-block assy, because it´s shorter than the K8, or it won´t be subjected. The only drawback is that it´s impossible to fit the cat(without modifying the post cat tube). I did a straight tube with the flanges from a crushed cat(doing them is so boring!) and installed it. So when I will have the yearly inspection, I would have to remove everything and leave it stock, but once you get all done it isn´t too much work. Try it with a KL throttle body and tell me if it isn´t faster than before!
BE FAST!!!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”