cheaper than Dyno-mat, works just as well

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
n_o_s_21

cheaper than Dyno-mat, works just as well

Post by n_o_s_21 »

Recently I came across an item called "peel and stick". it is a rubberized material that is used in building houses. It is the same as dynomat, does the same job(only for houses), is waterproof, and comes in various widths. see your local supply store, and don't forget to get the adheasive promoter(spray bomb with yellow label), it makes the glue on the peel and stick bond super good so you don't have to worry about it peeling off.
jdogsd1

Re: cheaper than Dyno-mat, works just as well

Post by jdogsd1 »

here is another thing u can do get a job at a car audio shop and you can dynomat for like half off. :2thumbsup:
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Or have friends who work at Stereo Shops, where u can get cost...
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Best generic I've tried is Raammat. Only one in its price range that doesn't peel off in summer heat when layed vertically. You can usually get it for $1 per square foot ....... $100 a roll for 100 sq ft.
Silkwyrm

Post by Silkwyrm »

Barry have you used that edead stuff? I didn't see it on your website. Also noticed your adding a car PC. Something I've always wanted to do is have a car PC hooked up to one of those scrolling LED signs that are like 5 inches by two feet. (though smaller would be better) Where you can type a message in and it keeps scrolling across the sign. Then you can type in things like "Get off my *** hemroid man!" or "Put down the cellphone and stay in your lane!" and it would scroll across your back window or maybe have it incorporated into the back bumper. If you could find a way to tie it into your signal lights. that would be even cooler. There are so many cool things you could do with a car PC if you can or know people to write software, and design hardware interfaces to the PC.

Rik

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”