B@E..

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
marcus2966

B@E..

Post by marcus2966 »

<B>My car was broken into last night. Window was smashed, they tried to take my boom box from behind the seat, but it wouldn't fit, so they left it. My amp was laying on the drivers seat, I could"t believe it. Not sure what to do now. The police said there is a very good chance they will be back if they didn't get it the first time. Do you guys think an alarm is my only choice? What would you guys do? Thanks for any ideas.</B> :(
Roll with it or get rolled over mother%@#er!
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/478582_8_full.jpg
polak_gino

Re: B@E..

Post by polak_gino »

ya i would get an alarm if i were u man!<P>I have got one even before i got my system because i would rather pay the money and be more safe then sorry. A thing that i do alot is, when i go sokmewhere and park the car, and i see some guys looking at it weird, like after i pump my system. As im leaving the car i like to "accedently" set the alarm off, to show them that i have an alarm and, that they would have a fun time breaking in.
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Canadian MX-3:<BR><STRONG><B>My car was broken into last night. Window was smashed, they tried to take my boom box from behind the seat, but it wouldn't fit, so they left it. My amp was laying on the drivers seat, I could"t believe it. Not sure what to do now. The police said there is a very good chance they will be back if they didn't get it the first time. Do you guys think an alarm is my only choice? What would you guys do? Thanks for any ideas.</B> :(</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I would go with an alarm. Get a good on tho, anyone with half a brain could disarm those alarms with the one wire setups. Make sure it has a backup battery AND a flashing LED indicator. If I were you I'd go to your local Pep Boys (if they have one in Canada, I dunno) or locan auto shop and but a scanner. It's a little piece that you stick in your window and it will run lighs back and forth. It's like the LED indicator, but is much easier to see. <P><A HREF="http://www.clifford.com" TARGET=_blank>Clifford Alarms</A><BR><A HREF="http://www.directed.com" TARGET=_blank>Directed</A>< has links to different alarm companies<p>[ February 09, 2002: Message edited by: VizualXTC ]
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
MrsOzx

Post by MrsOzx »

Welcome to my world!!! Just think of it this way... At least they did not destory your car and leave you with no engine!!! LOL<BR>I would get a very good alarm. Make sure you have sensors on all possible openings. Beacuse alot of times you have to tell them you want a sensor on your hatch. It is not standard on most alarms. I had an alarm on my Lude... Did no good though. For a pro it normally takes 2.8 seconds to break into a car and less than 1 minute to take everything and be outtie with all your stuff. So if you actually are unfortunate enough to have a smart person break into your car an alarm will do you no good. By the time you get up and outside they are gone before you hit the door. I have tested alot of customers who come in and say "but gee I have an alarm how did they get my stuff?" I tell them to arm their alarm, lock their doors and come inside the shop. I go outside and tell them to stay inside until they hear their alarm. By the time they get outside I have broken into their car and taken out their raido, subs, and amp. With no dammage to their car of course. So your best bet is get something obvious. Still alot of people will bypass a car with an alarm. Make sure they put your indicator in the dash. I have one in my rear window also.
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
marcus2966

Post by marcus2966 »

<I>Thanks for your help guys. Think I'll get an alarm put in this week. </I> :cool: [img]null[/img] [img]http://[/img]
Roll with it or get rolled over mother%@#er!
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/478582_8_full.jpg
abyss

Post by abyss »

If you are looking for an alarm make sure that you let your insurance know you put it in so that it is covering you car properly and also be sure that it is installed by someone that is licensed to do so. I know FutureShop carries Viper alarms and all their installers are licensed before they even get to the install bays. <P>Just so you know I got an imobilizer before I did anything to the car, like a month after buying it. Then later that year I put in a regular alarm as well. 2 lights flashing most people will look at it and say not worth the chance that there is a second alarm in there.
Jason King
dudley

Post by dudley »

<p>[ February 11, 2002: Message edited by: marcus_29_66 ]

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”