How do you copy a retail DVD?

Off-Topic Discussions
quicksliver

How do you copy a retail DVD?

Post by quicksliver »

How do you create an image of a RETAIL DVD that is copy-protected? What program do you guys use?!?!
BADMX3

Re: How do you copy a retail DVD?

Post by BADMX3 »

i would assume you use a cracker> to crack it onto your hard drive then a writing program to put it on disc>

but as I don't do it I'm not sure.

maybe dvd2one might help ya get started
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

if you have mirc then go to ircspy in search type DVD X Copy. Its a program made by 321 Studios. Use it to copy your DVDs. You cant buy a retail version of this program anymore because the movie industry took them to court and had them shut down.

Keep in mind copying DVDs is illegal and only DVDs you have purchased are allowed to have copys made as long as they are only used for YOUR personal use and not distributed to anyone.

BTW: Before copying check the size of the original because some DVDs are bigger than 4.7 GB so they wont fit on 1 DVD. Also Copy on DVD+R because they will work in ALL DVD players where DVD-R doesnt work in some.

<small>[ September 06, 2004, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: johnnyb ]</small>
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

Originally posted by johnnyb:
if you have mirc then go to ircspy in search type DVD X Copy. Its a program made by 321 Studios. Use it to copy your DVDs. You cant buy a retail version of this program anymore because the movie industry took them to court and had them shut down.

Keep in mind copying DVDs is illegal and only DVDs you have purchased are allowed to have copys made as long as they are only used for YOUR personal use and not distributed to anyone.

BTW: Before copying check the size of the original because some DVDs are bigger than 4.7 GB so they wont fit on 1 DVD. Also Copy on DVD+R because they will work in ALL DVD players where DVD-R doesnt work in some.
Thank you :2thumbsup: ....downloading "DVD X Copy Platinum 4.0.3.8" now off suprnova.org :].
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

i don't know which ones, but DVDxCopy had a court order to remove teh copyright-protection bypass in the newer version of dvdxcopy...i know my friends downloaded a new one about a month ago and it wouldnt let them copy copyright protected dvd's

I use dvdxcopy v3.2.1.0. It's the last version that i know of that still has the copyright protection bypass this in it. There may be newers ones, i dont know, i just stick with what works

Actually DVD-R has a better compatibility rate, but not by much (around~92% compared to ~89% for DVD+R) last time i checked. ALso + is a propriatary fromat owned my Sony, while is - an open standard

<small>[ September 07, 2004, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</small>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Neil

Post by Neil »

Program called DVD-Shrink and Any-DVD. Any DVD removed the copyright and DVD-Shrink will let you copy the dvd to your hard drive at custom compression's for quality. I've only burned 2 dvd's since i got my DVD-Burner last december.. *shrug* its easy but not my thing i guess. Hope those programs help you though.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

i burn any worth dvd i get into my possesions

with dvdxcopy, put disc in, hit "Start"

few minutes later, after it copies down to my hard drive, it spits out the disc and asks for a blank one, i put it in and it "Start" and a few more minutes it's burnt, take between 20-40min per dvd, depending on what options i wanted

I use Nero Vision Express 2 to burn movies i've downloaded to DVD, that takes about 2 hours each
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

actually since clinton signed the digitail milenium copy right act

making copies for your own personal use can be construne as ilegal

thank clinton
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

in the states maybe but here its still legal to do and since I was helping a fellow canadian theres no problems.

NOTE TO ALL AMERICANS: I in no way know what kind of wacky laws you have there so dont take my "copy for personal use" as your law being I live up in the great white north where its still legal to download music.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Sheila Copps put a tarrif on digital media, even solid stage storage in cameras and mp3 players, the money was to go to the artists...although people we're pissed at first, but when the RIAA and MPAA starting cracking down on downloading and dvd copying, Canada gov't passed a law stating it was legal to download/copy for personal use, especially since we pay the artists when we buy blank media. I can't belive something sheila copps did actually benefited us
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

Don't forget about the people in the U.S. that still download music and copy everything and anything they want..
:D ;)
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

i dont mind paying for a dl

k
most cd 12 songs
.99 a piece.....so thats like 12 bucks

but i'm not gonna pay for a a mp3 if i have to pay for the service to dl it, internet, a computer & a cd burner, labeling software, printer, ink, time......

that my opinion
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

[quote]Originally posted by manowar821:
Don't forget about the people in the U.S. that still download music and copy everything and anything they want..
:D :D
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

DVD Shrink
^^ awesome program.. takes around 40 min or so to rip the dvd (all regions)
92 Autozam AZ3
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

how does this work? to download this copy x file? Can someone guide me thought it?

thanks

Return to “Off-Topic”