Free your imagination

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Brainless

Free your imagination

Post by Brainless »

I think it would be interesting to see what would you do to your mx-3 if you had 1 000 000$ to spend on it. And don't tell me : "Huh! Get another car." I wanna see some CRAZY mx-3. :eek:
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
ProtegeSTS

Re: Free your imagination

Post by ProtegeSTS »

Hmmm, have Ferrari build it with an F-1 chassis, and drivetrain....then turbo it with methenol injection, and throw a MX-3 body on it. Leave stock wheels on it though, gotta be a sleeper.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Well lets see. I would like to convert it to a ALL WHEEL DRIVE with a turbocharged 3-rotor engine. I think that is an option that I would have liked to see on the MX-3 while they were still in production. If you are not into performance, then I think that a 4-door MX-3 would be cool, but you would have to add some power to the engine to compensate for the added weight.
powerman_5000

Post by powerman_5000 »

If I had that much to spend on a MX-3 I would be rally racing now. I would go out to a junk yard and find a mx-3 for really cheap and then modify it completely for rally racing. I'll be on speed vision right next to Tura and his Lancer. Actually this is something I plan on really doing once I get my degree in computer programming and making the big dollars. But for now I can only sit tight and sit through those boring lectures from the professors.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i agree with protege about the f1 chassis, but i'd take it to mclaren and have them make the chassis, a carbon fiber body, plant the mclaren f1 engine in the back and rearrange the interior so it's cockpit seating. and i think i'll call it......mini mclaren!
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Ha!!!! I would get a Jeep CJ-7 frame custom built.. Tube frame with a reverse cut ford nine inch in the front and a Dana 60 in the rear.. 4.56:1 gears. Air lockers front and rear, granny four speed, np205 transfer case and bulletproof driveshafts. Rip out the carpet on the MX and put spray in bedliner on the floor. Build a niiice 383 stroker...Fuel injection of course with a blower and Nitrous. Bolt the MX body down and get some 36x14.5-15 super swaper boggers to fill the wheel wells... damn that would be nice... :) <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mudslinger7785/thor1.html" TARGET=_blank>www.geocities.com/mudslinger7785/thor1.html</A> <BR>this is my inspiration...
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
KWK MX3

Post by KWK MX3 »

Id import an AWD platform from Europe.<BR>Shoehorn in a new 3.0L V6 (from tribute)<BR>Twin turbo and intercool the ordeal.<BR>Suspension, big brakes, rims...<BR>6 speed? okay now im dreaming.<P>But listen to this. I once sat down and calculated the cost to build this one of a kind 300+hp AWD TT MX-3. And it came to less than $40,000 CAN. And im leaving a lot a dough for installation, labour and Tim Hortons'....
KWK MX3
5spd_GS

Post by 5spd_GS »

ahh yes...never forget the timmy's :)
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green
Coolzombi

Post by Coolzombi »

Skyline AWD systems and 2 heavy duty 2.5l turbocharged will do the job !<BR>one front one rear !!!...zoum zoum zoum !
Friends don't let friends drive stock.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

u all sound cheap...nobody probably got over even $100K lol...if you would want something for one million bucks......get atom powered mx-3...hows that for a million bucks?????
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>Originally posted by mitmaks</B><BR>u all sound cheap...nobody probably got over even $100K lol...if you would want something for one million bucks......get atom powered mx-3...hows that for a million bucks????? <BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>wha??? the mclaren f1 street car retails for $1mil with a 1yr waiting period(just thought i'd throw in a bit of useless info) so i think i might have broken the salary cap on that one. besides, the car is already atom powered since everything is made of atoms(if you break it down...way down) ok, i'm done pretending i know stuff.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I dunno aboyt you guys, I love both my MX-3's.<BR>but If I had a million dollares, I wouldnt be diving an mx-3, Id have like a 1997 RX-7 <BR>with 20B engine, full mazdaspeed kit, imported from japan, FULL J-SPEC!<BR>if I had my mx=3's before I had the cash , yes, I'd keep both my cars, do both the swaps, boddy kids ect, and give 1 to my brother, I'd finish up my GS/swap, and take it to the track.
ssmog

Post by ssmog »

in the process of removing the hatch on my mx-3 and replacing it with a fabricated "trunk lid" so to speak while at the same time leaving the remaining quarter panels the same as they already are and just installing a cut to fit flat glass back window between the quarter panel pillars. Only fear is that it may end up looking too much like the Honda Civic DelSol. I don't have a million to spend on her but I have way more then enough to spend if needed.
Commit yourself to a Psychiatric hospital before the rest your sanity disappears, and you are strapped in a chair, fed mushy peas with a rubber spoon with only your tortured fantasies for comfort....

ssmog

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”