Klze cap on k8 disty

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
toomanyangelz
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Klze cap on k8 disty

Post by toomanyangelz »

Will a klze 7 post disty cap fit into a k8 disty and do I need a different rotor? Otherwise does anyone know where I can find a 7 post klze Disty or premodded k8 7 post for the hei mod that I've done. I'll post pictures later. The probeshort link for the hei mod in the v6 link doesn't work anymore.

I've been using the search function but haven't had any luck. Thanks in advance.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Klze cap on k8 disty

Post by Daninski »

ZE cap won't fit. Buy a power tower or buy a disty cap already done.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
toomanyangelz

Post by toomanyangelz »

i figured that much but what about a 7 point distributor with KL series, j-spec, had the 7 points with the external coil. I was thinking about just swapping the disty and getting a connector of a probe gt with the 4 prongs.
toomanyangelz

Post by toomanyangelz »

So I wired up everything. Modded a new distributor with a new power tower this time I threaded the power tower base through. Recessed the screw rtv, dremel the oil tower off. Put rtv x2 coats on it. I Purchased a wells butane torch soldering iron for $50 on amazon im thinking of rewiring the crimp connections. I had continuity 1,000 ohms on the tach wire so that's good haven't checked any others. Everything seems to check out what are good checks for this im running a ground to the hei and the bolt hole in the middle with 16AWG. Do I need to shine some metal for a better connection.

On a side note Oreileys out in Oceanside, Ca has an Accel model HEI GM module for $50. the one im using is a gm chevette 1981 model im pretty sure their identical but is the ACCEL one somehow better? Is there anyway to check these? I can't find the PRD premodded distributor nor a KL series disty.

I also found this gem http://forums.teameunos.com/viewtopic.php?t=5799 which says you can put a KF cap onto a KL disty. If only I could find one. If anyone knows one for sale please PM me.

Sidenote: The cable that goes adjacent to the OEM internal coin, and I believe into the disty originally to the grounding strap, should I just cut that off? Or ground it somewhere else? I'll post a picture off it later but its a small like 20G wire I believe connected to a cylindrical cap on the outside. Could that be giving me powers?

Any 2cents? Sorry for the rambling...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”