Different Intakes Available

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions

Different Intakes Available

Post by Guest »

So what does everyone know about the different intakes that are available for the mx-3. this is another of the mods that i am thinking about. i was just wondering what the options are for this, what brands are good, as well as how hard this mod is. Hopefully someone will get some good info on this topic.<P>l8rz all,<P>Nefarius<P>--------------------------------<BR>92 Brilliant Black mx-3<BR>--------------------------------

Re: Different Intakes Available

Post by Guest »

i have a 1.8 DOHC V-6 5 spd
ddmalcore

Post by ddmalcore »

also, which ones are availible for the 1.6 sohc?

Post by Guest »

so what is the best intake configuration people have used so far?<P>------------------<BR>-------------------------<BR>1992 Mazda Mx-3 GS<BR>Brilliant Black<BR>1.8L DOHC V-6 5 Speed<BR>-------------------------
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

I purchased a WeaponR filter for my wife's 94 MX-3 (4-cyl) and had some problems. I just removed everything from the MAF (Mass Air-Flow meter) forward (away from the engine) and then attached the filter/adapter to the intake tube. The car started fine and then idled pretty good for a few minutes. I took it down the street (about a block) to see how it worked. It sounded KILLER (lots of air being sucked in). It growled and the car really pulled hard from about 3000RPM on up. I was pleased. I found a cul-de-sac and turned around and when I came to the stopsign, the car died. I restarted it fine and then drive normally back to my house. I came to another stop sign and it died again. The car refused to idle. I don't know if I missed something or if there was a bad leak or what, but I was too scared to make the change if it would not idle, so I just took it off and put it on my Isuzu. It works fine on my truck. Go figure =Þ
93mx3

Post by 93mx3 »

Did you remove the M.A.F. sensor? That would do it.<BR>Jim<BR>93 RS
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Nope, that would be silly. I removed everything from the air inlet all the way to the MAF (working from the end where the air comes in and working towards the engine). It might have cleared itself up if I let it run longer (so the computer had a chance to adjust to the new conditions).

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”