[SOLD] Black KLZE'd '93 MX-3 GS for Parts or MAJOR Project

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
millaj01

[SOLD] Black KLZE'd '93 MX-3 GS for Parts or MAJOR Project

Post by millaj01 »

Thank you all for the inquiries....my MX-3 has been sold to a worthy new owner that's sure to make good use of her. Thanks again!

Hi All....I'm the original owner of a black '93 MX-3 GS. It has about 158k miles on it, about 35-40k of which took place since I did a KLZE transplant. I was using it as a second vehicle and the last couple brutal Michigan winters have taken a heavy, heavy toll on it. The rust is out of control and it would take a minor act of God to rehab all the sheet metal affected. Outside a full break in the rear part of the exhaust (sigh) and the need for new rotors/pads all around and a couple new calipers it drives pretty well, honestly :) The engine's in pretty good shape. The 5-speed trans is the original and would be due for a replacement/rebuild....works ok but can tell a couple syncros are not doing so hot. The factory sunroof is also leaking like crazy...problem wasn't the drain holes but the seals. Been quoted stupid money to have that fixed so that sure hasn't helped with the rust.

In any case, given the condition of the car and the amount of money it would take to keep her a going concern I think it's time to part ways (pun intended?). I'm not too keen on having to wrench on individual parts to sell them piecemeal to different people, however. I'd prefer to sell the entire vehicle as she stands if someone finds some of what's in the bundle worthwhile to them. Or perhaps someone wants to save another unfortunate MX that has been taken by the elements (and road salt)? They don't call it the Rust Belt for nothin'

Either way, I'd entertain any offers as the other options of selling it to the general public or donating it don't sit well with me or don't seem very feasible in the condition the car is in. But, if I have to resort to those options, I would. I don't know that I expect to get much interest. The car is located in SE Michigan in the Metro Detroit area. Gosh I've had fun with this car the last 22 years. Never in a million did I figure I'd have it this long.

So, enough talking...here's the list of most things I can think of that were added to the car and might be of interest to people:

KLZE Engine from Noyan USA (sourced 2004/2005)
KL31 ECU
OBX Stainless Headers
ClutchMasters Stage 2R Clutch

SRD Performance Front Crossmember
Magnaflow muffler and pre-silencer (no CAT in exhaust line)
TWM Performance short shifter

Ground Control coilovers (with hat modification)
Tokico ZX2 Struts
Cam Bolts
Whiteline rear sway bar

Original GS alloys (currently have snow tires mounted)
Motegi Racing MR7 17" wheels (some road rash)
'93 MX-3 GS Image

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”