Shift Stick Problems

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
icajewler
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Shift Stick Problems

Post by icajewler »

I'm not sure if this goes in the transmission forum or what, but does anyone have a solution for stopping my stick from falling through the floor? :cry: It's happened twice now and I am not a fan of taking a tig to the place like my friend said to do. I'm tired of having to find and replace the rubber bushings. I'm hoping someone on here has somewhat of a permanent fix? :wink:
93 MX3 SE (klze conversion in progress)
03 Elantra GLS (DD)
92 MX3 GS sold :( missed!
The very air around me seemed to catch fire and freeze at the same time, that's how I knew he had enough for today.
Rangers Lead The Way!
SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: Shift Stick Problems

Post by SuperK »

There is someone who makes an "anti drop bracket" but it didn't work for me. it just bent and broke. meh. I settled for having replacements...
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
icajewler
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Shift Stick Problems

Post by icajewler »

Nice. I filled the area where the bushing goes with RV Black Silicone rubber stuff. It is holding it up really well! I am going to see how long this will last. I hope it works better than the mediocre system that was engineered.
93 MX3 SE (klze conversion in progress)
03 Elantra GLS (DD)
92 MX3 GS sold :( missed!
The very air around me seemed to catch fire and freeze at the same time, that's how I knew he had enough for today.
Rangers Lead The Way!

Return to “Transmissions”