Crossmember Suspension dude?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
DEMBOU
antispam: No

Crossmember Suspension dude?

Post by DEMBOU »

Hello friends, I have a question ...

I had an accident in my MX3 1.6l in the front and I have to change the crossmember Full Suspension, I know that cars are compatible to search junk yards.

This part can be removed completely? there will be some DIY or how to do it?

I have idea that can be 100% compatibe of: 323/Protege/Mx3 (1.6L or 1.8L) all 1990-1994

Is that correct?

I´m talk about this part EA01-34-8006 I can´t paste de picture.... http://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/showA ... tring=cros

:crying:
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: Crossmember Suspension dude?

Post by Josh »

No they are not compatible. The 323 and Protege depending on AWD or FWD are compatible together, but the MX3 is on its own. the only thing that is compatible is the lower A arms and the 323 and Protege are narrower as the MX has a wider stance. If I were you I would measure the mounting holes in the cross member and the distance to the firewall. You may be able to modify it to fit. You can swap yours with a GS, and this would be a big upgrade if you did as the GS has a lower crossmember plate that the RS does not, as well as a tighter steering ratio.

I hope that helps
DEMBOU

Post by DEMBOU »

Josh wrote:No they are not compatible. The 323 and Protege depending on AWD or FWD are compatible together, but the MX3 is on its own. the only thing that is compatible is the lower A arms and the 323 and Protege are narrower as the MX has a wider stance. If I were you I would measure the mounting holes in the cross member and the distance to the firewall. You may be able to modify it to fit. You can swap yours with a GS, and this would be a big upgrade if you did as the GS has a lower crossmember plate that the RS does not, as well as a tighter steering ratio.

I hope that helps
Ok thanks dude, but i saw in the online manuals and digramas on 323/protege 93, and the crossmember suspension it´s the same part number, that is my question..

Closer to home there is a salvage shop and they have a GS, I will check if it is fully equal to just remove and replace without any modification.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

DEMBOU wrote:
Josh wrote:No they are not compatible. The 323 and Protege depending on AWD or FWD are compatible together, but the MX3 is on its own. the only thing that is compatible is the lower A arms and the 323 and Protege are narrower as the MX has a wider stance. If I were you I would measure the mounting holes in the cross member and the distance to the firewall. You may be able to modify it to fit. You can swap yours with a GS, and this would be a big upgrade if you did as the GS has a lower crossmember plate that the RS does not, as well as a tighter steering ratio.

I hope that helps
Ok thanks dude, but i saw in the online manuals and digramas on 323/protege 93, and the crossmember suspension it´s the same part number, that is my question..

Closer to home there is a salvage shop and they have a GS, I will check if it is fully equal to just remove and replace without any modification.
Hmm. I will do some digging tonight and see what I can find. I know they share several parts but I was pretty sure they were a little different.
DEMBOU

Post by DEMBOU »

Josh wrote:
DEMBOU wrote:

I hope that helps

Hmm. I will do some digging tonight and see what I can find. I know they share several parts but I was pretty sure they were a little different.
Ok thanks
DEMBOU

Post by DEMBOU »

Anybody?
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

This?

Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

OK I was a little confused. EA01-34-800G is the PN, the 6 threw me off.

EA01-34-800H is the GS PN. I should be able to remove this for you. 100 dollars plus shipping seems like a fair price
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

He has a 4cyl, is the GS V6 crossmember compatible for the 4cyl?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

It is compatible. It's preferred because it will have the mountpoints for the crossmember reinforcement.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

^^^ YES what he said.

94+ RS was rumored to have the holes for the cross member as well, but my 95' does not have them.

Protege should be the same one as well, though make sure you use MX3 A arms as to not change the width as Pro, 323 A arms are shorter.
DEMBOU

Post by DEMBOU »

SuperK wrote:OK I was a little confused. EA01-34-800G is the PN, the 6 threw me off.

EA01-34-800H is the GS PN. I should be able to remove this for you. 100 dollars plus shipping seems like a fair price
Hi friend , sorry for responding so far, this part EA01-34-800H GS, do not fit with this part that support the front and rear engine mounts

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMjQ=/ ... ~60_57.JPG

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”