Anybody have the drifter body kit?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Lags
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Anybody have the drifter body kit?

Post by Lags »

If so could you post some pictures from different angles? Debating if I want it but the back bumper looks iffy
mitmaks

Re: Anybody have the drifter body kit?

Post by mitmaks »

Body kits dont look good on mx3. You can google drifter mx3 and see many pictures of body kit on the car.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Lags

Post by Lags »

mitmaks wrote:Body kits dont look good on mx3. You can google drifter mx3 and see many pictures of body kit on the car.
Of course they do, not all of them but MX3's can look very nice with a kit. Also, those pictures are mostly the ones on any site that sells the kit. I'm looking for other pictures, preferably ones from other angles, like straight on from the back. ect ect
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Good paint and a kit that follows the same lines look good, I wouldn't roll with one but I can understand and recognize the appeal.

i think if you go to the rare MX-3 pictures thread there are some with the drifter style.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

I think it depends on age group, the younger you are the most likely you'd want body kit on your mx3 or any car for that matter. Once you grow older like you'll probably want to get rid of it and think "boy was I dumb a-- for spending $$ on body kit" - I sure think that way. That $300-$800 could've been spent better, towards brakes, engine swap, etc.
I do like nice clean Mazdaspeed kit myself though, it goes well with mx3 body lines.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Im sure i have seen the kit but i dont recall what it looks like. The mazdaspeed body kit is nice so no one could say all kits are gross. I only like body kits becuase that was my era. There are some bad ones and good ones. I wonder if this drift kit is a good one?
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Lags

Post by Lags »

mitmaks wrote:I think it depends on age group, the younger you are the most likely you'd want body kit on your mx3 or any car for that matter. Once you grow older like you'll probably want to get rid of it and think "boy was I dumb a-- for spending $$ on body kit" - I sure think that way. That $300-$800 could've been spent better, towards brakes, engine swap, etc.
I do like nice clean Mazdaspeed kit myself though, it goes well with mx3 body lines.
That may be true, tbh im just getting bored of my mazdas cleaner stock look. I'd rather get a kit then end up selling it because I got bored. I've already done the KLZE swap and a bunch of other performance upgrades so this is the next step I suppose. Will be plasti dipping the whole car shortly after.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

kulluminati777 wrote:Im sure i have seen the kit but i dont recall what it looks like. The mazdaspeed body kit is nice so no one could say all kits are gross. I only like body kits becuase that was my era. There are some bad ones and good ones. I wonder if this drift kit is a good one?
Mazdaspeed kit was designed by Mazda not aftermarket. Its like dentures... when you get older you will probably get them but that doesnt mean that you will be wearing someone else's dentures, right? :lol:
Your dentures will be custom made to fit you and only you. Same thing with body kits, you can't just put random body kit on every car and expect it to look good. Most body kits look bad unless they come from factory ie Mazdaspeed.
What looks even worse when someone sticks a body kit on their car and drives it around without getting it painted. That is redneck.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I disagree on the MS, that front bumper is wack.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

I agree completely with mitmaks, honestly. He put it a little more eloquently than I would have, as my usual answer would be: If you don't like the styling of the MX-3, buy something you do like. :shrug:

RobMinhas,
I love the front bumper, but I am about 90% disgusted with the spoiler... I still have a front bumper sitting, unpainted, waiting for either sale or enough money to paint my car. :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

RobMinhas wrote:I disagree on the MS, that front bumper is wack.

i guess everyone cant appreciate art lol
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

There were plenty of body kits for the Mx-3 back in the day. Many are gone, but some are still around, FX-Designs being one, so depends on the look.

I think what was/is as is that people want a body kit for their car, just for the fact of putting a body kit on the car, any, juist to have one.

The Drifter kit was very popular, not because of it's looks, but because it was THE cheapest kit, and there was a reason for it. The fitament was horrendous, and despite telling people that, and them not listening, they would come back and complain, especially after paying a shop (basically remaking it) to install it. The back bumper is typically refered to as the "Park Bench".

I will admit I originally wanted the FX Designs, kit, but once I saw it in person the first time, I didn't like it, didn't flow with the lines of the car, and that changed my idea totally.

I'm not a kid, but I still want to put a kit on the 8, a nice MazdaSpeed kit ;)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
MazdaMech

Post by MazdaMech »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:There were plenty of body kits for the Mx-3 back in the day. Many are gone, but some are still around, FX-Designs being one, so depends on the look.

I think what was/is as is that people want a body kit for their car, just for the fact of putting a body kit on the car, any, juist to have one.

The Drifter kit was very popular, not because of it's looks, but because it was THE cheapest kit, and there was a reason for it. The fitament was horrendous, and despite telling people that, and them not listening, they would come back and complain, especially after paying a shop (basically remaking it) to install it. The back bumper is typically refered to as the "Park Bench".

I will admit I originally wanted the FX Designs, kit, but once I saw it in person the first time, I didn't like it, didn't flow with the lines of the car, and that changed my idea totally.

I'm not a kid, but I still want to put a kit on the 8, a nice MazdaSpeed kit ;)
I tried looking for a Mazdaspeed kit a few years ago and gave up after only a short time looking (not very hard either). But I am guessing now, that if you didnt get one 10+ years ago you can't anymore?
Own:
2012 Chevrolet Camaro LS
2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS
1999 Ford F-250 XLT LD
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS (Rescue from a poor handler) *In work*(Body, interior, (future - KL swap))
1987 Dodge Dakota LE
1983 Honda CX-650C +parts bike
Looking at:
TRYING TO FIND A MX-3 Daily! No Luck:-(
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

im probably the only guy on the planet with the entire kit from mazdaspeed and it only took me a year of creeping around the internet on sites like ebay and astinagt.com here and there maybe two years ago and its not too hard just expensive :shrug:
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Lags wrote:If so could you post some pictures from different angles? Debating if I want it but the back bumper looks iffy
Where do you live I have a friend that would sell his? But we are in Canada so shipping could be expensive.
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988

Return to “Appearance”