Different flavor of rice.....

Off-Topic Discussions
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Different flavor of rice.....

Post by kulluminati777 »

So growing up I was all into the fast and furious scene...

NOS! Body kits on cavilers and large wings on civics the size of skyscrapers...neon lights and lambo doors...ALTEZZAS!!!

All great mods IMO.

But then I grew up....looking back I realize I was an idiot. Although some stuff looks good on those cars from that day and age when it was not too extreme. I still appreciate a veilside or a bomex body kit from time to time :lol: . I have learned to still love altezzas to this day because every mazda has em from the factory :lol:

I was asked the other day why my MX3 doesnt have a thule rack and it would look "ill" if I sticker bomb my mazdaspeed wing.

I had no idea what this kid was talking about so I went to google. I dont know if its because im getting older or what but this car scene is not for me.

Jungle gyms on your roof and stickers EVERY inch on my car are just not for me. Also now this "stance" business?

Some of these cars look good....sitting still...but what happen to function. These cars are hopping and bouncing all over the place. The people inside look like there on tumble in a dryer. I mean come on your supposed to look cool man.

These belly button cars (everyone has them)
RSX's, Evo's, STI's, 350Z's, and G35's are the only cars kids are buying. Wheres the variety. In my day ANY and EVERY car was riced out. You enjoyed your daily commute because of the wacky variety there was and the unique ideas people had when modding cars. Now its the same sticker bombed, illest, stanced, roof racked sti with no wing (which looks very stupid without a wing) after another.

Am I alone here? Or has the MX3 community been effected by this fad.....

I finally understand how muscle car guys felt in the late 90's and early 2000's with dodge neons thinking they could race Chevelle 454s and how disgusted they where with us youngins :mrgreen:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Evo_Spec

Re: Different flavor of rice.....

Post by Evo_Spec »

I'm with you man, it's only a handful of car's that people mod and they mod it the EXACT same way.
What's the point of modding the exterior if you're just gonna look like every other car?

Also don't forget about stretched tires, i think it's ridiculous but that's just me
Savin

Post by Savin »

I hate the new car scene. I will never hellaflush my cars. Will I slam them? Maybe. But I will retain perfect 0 camber. No fender rolling for me either unless its to fit some fatass drag slicks under a mustang or something. Unless it has true meaning, I don't believe in putting stickers on a car at all either.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Evo_Spec wrote:I'm with you man, it's only a handful of car's that people mod and they mod it the EXACT same way.
What's the point of modding the exterior if you're just gonna look like every other car?

Also don't forget about stretched tires, i think it's ridiculous but that's just me
Thank you!!!

If one more kid in a blue Subaru WRX with a fartcan & whale-tail revs his engine at me, I'm buying a Suburban and playing tag. :lol: As for stretched tires, the only reason I'd CONSIDER it would be to fit a wheel that would typically be too wide... That being said, the sidewall wouldn't be narrower than the wheel itself. 205 on an 8" wide wheel is about the closest I would feel comfortable driving on.
Savin wrote:I hate the new car scene. I will never hellaflush my cars. Will I slam them? Maybe. But I will retain perfect 0 camber. No fender rolling for me either unless its to fit some fatass drag slicks under a mustang or something. Unless it has true meaning, I don't believe in putting stickers on a car at all either.
I'll probably be rolling my fenders, but only to clear FDs with fat, sticky tires, and only if I have to.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that loves the "clean" factory look...

I bought MX-3s because I love the styling. If I wanted to radically change the looks of a car, I'd buy a Honda fartbox and kit it out for less than I've spent on my '92s suspension alone.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

[quote="MrMazda92"] If one more kid in a blue Subaru WRX with a fartcan & whale-tail revs his engine at me, I'm buying a Suburban and playing tag. :lol:

I think dis-ing any particular model is just plan wrong. Every car has it's good and bad points. Just because that 'blue Subaru WRX with a fartcan & whale-tail' would of owned you in a heart beat no need to feel diminished by them. :P

Dan just sold his 'blue WRX'

Personally I've never riced any car I owned. I feel the factory look to be the nicest in most situations. Minor alterations to improve performance or handling excepted. :D
Last edited by Daninski on February 3rd, 2013, 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Daninski wrote:I think dis-ing any particular model just plan wrong. Every car has it's good and bad points. Just because that 'blue Subaru WRX with a fartcan & whale-tail' would of owned you in a heart beat no need to feel diminished by them. :P

Personally I've never riced any car I owned. I feel the factory look to be the nicest in most situations. Minor alterations to improve performance or handling excepted. :D
It's not the car Dan, it's the driver...

The problem I have is the idea that a "performance exhaust"(fartcan, attached to otherwise stock exhaust) and a spoiler that humbles the Dodge Daytona('69) inspires the confidence and false bravado to "street race".
I mention "every blue wrx", because the majority(by far and large) of the drivers I see on the road exhibit those exact tendencies.

They can be great cars, and in the right hands I'm sure they are.

As for the "owning" statement:
"2002-2005 WRX 227/217 HP/TQ" seems to be the consensus online, finding realistic hp/torque figures seems even harder for them than it is for our cars. :lol:
This being the model and generation I see around town the most(9/10 being blue in color), in a car roughly 600 pounds heavier than a stock MX-3...

Okay, so after the drivetrain losses of AWD vs. FWD... A stock WRX would own a KL swapped MX-3 in a drag race... After about 1/16-1/8 of a mile, a KL swapped MX-3 with a halfway decent driver would pass the WRX, and that's straight line talk...

FWIW, the last time I had a WRX driver rev his engine at me, I was driving an Audi A4 Quattro. Fun car, quieter and far more comfortable than the MX-3. You can humble 90% of the other drivers on the road, if you aren't responsible enough to say no to "street racing", all from the comforts of a heated leather seat with auto adjust comfort controls. :lol: No, it's not mine, but it was a pleasure to drive! :wink:

I hate these xxxx car > xxxx car debates. If we're going to argue stock vs. stock, money talks. Dollars to donuts, a Corvette will beat 90% of what it races against. Beyond that, you're pushing 6 figure pricetags.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

MrMazda92 wrote: As for the "owning" statement:
"2002-2005 WRX 227/217 HP/TQ" seems to be the consensus online, finding realistic hp/torque figures seems even harder for them than it is for our cars. :lol:
This being the model and generation I see around town the most(9/10 being blue in color), in a car roughly 600 pounds heavier than a stock MX-3...

Okay, so after the drivetrain losses of AWD vs. FWD... A stock WRX would own a KL swapped MX-3 in a drag race... After about 1/16-1/8 of a mile, a KL swapped MX-3 with a halfway decent driver would pass the WRX, and that's straight line talk...
Well what do you know, I just happen to own both. I can honestly say the ZE MX-3 driver might as well get out and walk. I love my MX-3,, totally different drive than my WRX but when it comes to acceleration even my stock 02 WRX with 270k pulls harder and out accelerates my (very strong) ZE. I wish I could say other wise but then I'd be lying. My 04 stage2 WRX makes my hair stand on end. Anyway the whole point of my posts is just to irritate you, why, it's my job. :lol: :wink:
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I got a buddy with a ZE powered 323 and his summer car, an 02 WRX walks the 323 every day of the week, and twice on sunday, especially off of the line.

Those cars are pretty sick, too bad they're kinda ugly :/

I'm still waiting for this whole stance thing to die...... when you can't drive your slammed Golf or Civic because the oil pan will tear off on speed bumps you need to reevaluate your choices for your car.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
racycle

Post by racycle »

Hey! I'm in a golf now! lol but seriously , yes i do plan to slam mine down to the ground, The appearance it has I feel is worth the cost in maintenance(oil pans) plus it gives me a insentive to drive more carefully and gives me more to work on the car. I wouldn't call myself old (20 years old) and I loved the old fast in the ferrous movies. I still do love them , most things about cars I appreciate. I do miss when I could see all the unique variations of different cars driving around regardless of how silly they were. They did their cars how they wanted to. If everyone owning one type of car wants to do the same thing , go for it I won't mind as long as they do it right and not in a driveway in 15minutes for something that should require a shop and a few hours. Singling out the wrx is a little harsh though. Most Civic drivers I know all sport something by "muggen", alot of golf(mk1) drivers sport the tiny rims , Mazda drivers sport the Mazdaspeed stuff. A wrx with whale-tails is no different than the many members here with the mazdaspeed front bumper.

I will agree that that car scene has become more bland now with less people trying to get creative , but most people also don't have money like there use to be to achieve or risk there vehicle for the appearance they like. As for the "rice" and all that , I don't mind it just don't lie about your car like anyone cares about your "supercharged rotary mustang with custom head work" from that post a little while back.

Personally I will always call myself "rice" because appearance is cheaper than performance. I don't care if my car is slow as long as it gets from A to B and projects my personality in its appearance.

racycle's Worklog!
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=76991
-RIP

Current Toy
http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80470

Please don't tap on the hood. It disturbs the gerbils.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

FWD vs. AWD drag race debate... I think this will be my last reply. :lol: I'd love to see a rolling start, or a race where driver input is required beyond flat-shifting. AWD IS great, but once again it's like saying an MX-3 is a POS because it can't tow a boat. It does what it was designed to, and then some. Just like the WRX, or any other car. :lol:

Great for the "red light drags" these kids race in their mom's car, they can go from 0-60 faster than a 20 year old car with parts out of 5 different models. :lol:

As always, respect for people who build it and race it legally... zero for those who rice it and drive like crap. Period.

Side note: Nobody replied to the remark about the Audi, I thought that was funny too. :lol: I love that car!
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

MrMazda92 wrote: I think this will be my last reply. :lol:
Side note: Nobody replied to the remark about the Audi, I thought that was funny too. :lol: I love that car!
Please, lets leave Eurotrash out of this discussion ok. :P
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Daninski wrote:
MrMazda92 wrote: I think this will be my last reply. :lol:
Please, lets leave Eurotrash out of this discussion ok. :P
Hey now, you just hurt my feelings! :lol:

I do love that Audi, but I can't see myself shelling out for one in the future...
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

:lol:
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

MrMazda92 wrote:
Daninski wrote:I think dis-ing any particular model just plan wrong. Every car has it's good and bad points. Just because that 'blue Subaru WRX with a fartcan & whale-tail' would of owned you in a heart beat no need to feel diminished by them. :P

It's not the car Dan, it's the driver...

The problem I have is the idea that a "performance exhaust"(fartcan, attached to otherwise stock exhaust) and a spoiler that humbles the Dodge Daytona('69) inspires the confidence and false bravado to "street race".
I mention "every blue wrx", because the majority(by far and large) of the drivers I see on the road exhibit those exact tendencies.

They can be great cars, and in the right hands I'm sure they are.

As for the "owning" statement:

FWIW, the last time I had a WRX driver rev his engine at me, I was driving an Audi A4 Quattro. Fun car, quieter and far more comfortable than the MX-3. You can humble 90% of the other drivers on the road, if you aren't responsible enough to say no to "street racing", all from the comforts of a heated leather seat with auto adjust comfort controls. :lol: No, it's not mine, but it was a pleasure to drive! :wink:

I hate these xxxx car > xxxx car debates. If we're going to argue stock vs. stock, money talks. Dollars to donuts, a Corvette will beat 90% of what it races against. Beyond that, you're pushing 6 figure pricetags.

You spend way too much time crunching "generalized" numbers. I will take the Subi before the redneck Government Motors Corvette, EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK. considering a factory WRX STI runs about 13.1 in the QT mile and a KL swapped MX-3 with a good driver will do High 13's to low 14's yes the WRX will own the KL swapped MX. BUT if we are only talking about a base model WRX then no, they will own the launch an d 60' but once you hit 80-100' you will pull on them, assuming you have a "REAL" KLZE motor.... :lol:

BTW I will take my AWD 2.0 BP all day long. Have not met a subi or vette that could beat it past my handicap...

P.S. Blake you do know those whale-tail spoilers are factory right? that makes it BAD-@$$ ;)
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Factory spoilers are always acceptable IMO. Love the ones on Subies.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.

Return to “Off-Topic”