intake manifold

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
sinix3
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

intake manifold

Post by sinix3 »

jusy wondering if anyone has made a custom intake for a klze or if they know what the best way would be. the only reason im asking is because im doing a klze swap and im having trouble locating a intake other then the de intake i have so if any one knows of a good custom intake for a non turbo klze let me know. send me a link or just om me any help would be appreciated. even if you have a klze intake i could buy. thank you
92 mx3 gs klze swap.
"nitrous is like a hot chick with an std you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences"
kulluminati777

Re: intake manifold

Post by kulluminati777 »

Go to the FAQ there is a PERFECT intake mod there
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

kulluminati777 wrote:Go to the FAQ there is a PERFECT intake mod there
I think he means the intake MANIFOLD rather then the air intake. You ZE fellas need to get an intake manifold that will fit and he is having difficulty finding one besides the DE one.

I think.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

ze stock : Custom fit a straight neck
No mod needed, use a millenia 2.5L intake
De Stock: k8 intake mani
de manifold 93-97
klg4 intake manifold (98-02 626 kl)
custom: ITB's W/ hyabusa or triumph throttle bodies for N/A
CZT Custom intake for F/I (good luck finding one)
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
sinix3

Post by sinix3 »

im looking for which ever intake gives me the most whp from the engine lol at the moment i have a de that came with the car i bought. but i know it doesnt have the same runner sixe and theres the whole oval runners to rectangle runners that will create weird dead spots
92 mx3 gs klze swap.
"nitrous is like a hot chick with an std you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences"
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

If you're running oval port heads, and want to "bolt it on and go", you're wanting a KLG4 intake manifold. If you have thermospacers, you can use any Throttle body you want. If not, use the KL47 from a Millenia, as it's the closest fit(requires the least modification)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
sinix3

Post by sinix3 »

No i have a klze with ze heads so i want the rectangle ports thats why i dont want to use a de intake because it wouldn't give me the most air flow
92 mx3 gs klze swap.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Ah, well the straight-neck nets you the highest gains without modification. Of course, fitting it requires modification of other engine bay components. You're limited by how hard you're willing to work for it... A carefully ported straight-neck(not just bigger ports) will net impressive gains, but it'll take some work to make it fit.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

RobMinhas wrote:
kulluminati777 wrote:Go to the FAQ there is a PERFECT intake mod there
I think he means the intake MANIFOLD rather then the air intake. You ZE fellas need to get an intake manifold that will fit and he is having difficulty finding one besides the DE one.

I think.

:lol: :lol: whoops
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
sinix3

Post by sinix3 »

I have me problem modifying things. I love a challange :P so what you saying is if i can fin one a straight neck. But or the mean time i think i found a millenia until i can find a klze straight neck. Thank you for the help
92 mx3 gs klze swap.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

The Millenia IM is the most common choice, as it's the easiest to fit.

With any IM, removing casting marks on the inside is always a good idea, try not to enlarge any of the ports in either the runners or the neck unless you're aware of exactly what you are messing with.

Clean up the edges, maybe smooth out imperfections, and avoid damaging any gasket mating surfaces. Polishing isn't a bad idea, although many will say to avoid overly polishing the runners of the manifold. In my case, I'm avoiding polishing the bottom 2" of the IM, just as a "buffer zone" if you will, to avoid harming the engine's ability to atomize fuel properly. It'd probably be safe to do most of the intake, and I dare say polish the hell out of the plenum if you have the time and tools!!!

For fitting the straightneck, there are basically 4 approaches that are semi-widely known. If you need help finding them, I'd be happy to dig a few up for you. I know there is one in the V6 FAQ, which was written by wytbishop, and it's a pretty straight forward method.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
sinix3

Post by sinix3 »

i found a millenia intake but it doesnt have the vris pieces(not sure the exact name) are they crossable from other itakes? or do i have to find the ones off of a millenia
92 mx3 gs klze swap.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I can't verify that one 100%, but I've heard that you can use the ones from a K8...
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
sinix3

Post by sinix3 »

Alright thank you. Im almost done my klze rebuild :)
92 mx3 gs klze swap.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Nice man :D

Congratulations! Is it your first KL?
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”