K-SPORTS

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
mx3matt
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

K-SPORTS

Post by mx3matt »

so i've decided that my next big purchase is gonna be a set of ksports to compliment the poly suspension bushings.
wheres everyone going for theirs? i dont care on shipping times as its winter anyways i just want to get the best deal possible.
kulluminati777

Re: K-SPORTS

Post by kulluminati777 »

oh i want poly bushings too but i got mine from ebay. Make sure you get the ones that are mostly black. the ones that are mostly orange are the old design and word on the street is they leak easily
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

hard to answer that without knowing where you live.
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

I got my Ksports from Jim at Pierce motorsports, tell him Adam with the little 323 from canada set you..
http://www.piercemotorsports.com/

I am running the GT-pro's with a stiffer rear spring rate.. I also swapped out the standard front pillow ball mount for their advanced (camber/caster adjustable) set for a 99-2003 protege... They don't list any advanced pillow mounts for the mx3 or bg protege/323's, but the 99-2003 mounts fit no problem...
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

i'm in canada. toronto.

i had the old orange body design on my protege, so easy to adjust and not hack and slash like my gc's.
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

mx3matt wrote:i'm in canada. toronto.

i had the old orange body design on my protege, so easy to adjust and not hack and slash like my gc's.
Jim can get you a pretty good deal.. With the stiffer rear spring rates, the 99-03 protege advanced pillow ball mounts I think I got mine for around $1600 after shipping/border fees and stuff like that...
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Honestly, due to rebuild costs I'd stick with Coilover Sleeves or lowering springs, and an adjustable dampening insert. :shrug: If you're methodical, and regularly clean your coilover assembly(once or twice a year), then full Coilovers may be worth it(If you race, and actually benefit from them)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
xxxmonoxidechild

Post by xxxmonoxidechild »

^
A full strut insert replacement from Ksport directly is only $100. ;)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I've never owned KSports, but from what I've seen on the internet, they seem to commonly seize in the lower collar(adjustable height portion), and the lower mount often needs to be replaced because of said seizure. :(

They look amazing, and the simplicity of adjustment is AWESOME, but I wanted to wait until MoonEggs and others had used them for 3-4+ years before springing for a set myself... I don't imagine I'd be patient enough to take them off and clean them every winter, but the rebuild cost isn't so bad if the insert is all you need to replace! :D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

MrMazda92 wrote:I've never owned KSports, but from what I've seen on the internet, they seem to commonly seize in the lower collar(adjustable height portion), and the lower mount often needs to be replaced because of said seizure. :(

They look amazing, and the simplicity of adjustment is AWESOME, but I wanted to wait until MoonEggs and others had used them for 3-4+ years before springing for a set myself... I don't imagine I'd be patient enough to take them off and clean them every winter, but the rebuild cost isn't so bad if the insert is all you need to replace! :D
People don't never seize the collars or take care of there stuff properly thats why they are having problems. Like anything on a car things take maintenance, if you aren't willing to take care of them then you are better off not buying them.

Personally my ksports have been night and day difference in tearms of handling. I have had HKS springs/tokico blue shocks, Random coil overs that had bilstine inserts, stock suspension and now ksport gt pros on my car. I have even driven Robs that your ground control set up came off of. Nothing handles better then a complete package thats set up properly and built to work together.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Good to know! :)

I do want to see about how long the inserts last with daily/track combined use, but the feedback on this board is pretty good so far. I may end up going that route down the road, but it'll depend on finances at the time. :shrug:
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
xxxmonoxidechild

Post by xxxmonoxidechild »

yup. just grease them up with anti seize when you install them at a minimum. Thats what i did. Back in 2007 when i installed them. Still on the original set after all this time without any issues.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Nice tip, do you have a preferred brand by any chance?
How many miles(approx.) between track and public road in those 5 years?
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
CRASH

Post by CRASH »

I was also thinking of replacing my eibach springs for ksport coilovers . I have no issue with keeping them up seeing I even take my wheels off every couple weeks just to clean the back side of break dust :)

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”