The Ultra Mooneggs Finish

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Daninski
Supporting Member

The Ultra Mooneggs Finish

Post by Daninski »

Ok here it is, for those of you seeking the ultimate Mooneggs finish. We're talking Matt Black.
http://www.dipyourcar.com/shop/page/3?shop_param=
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: The Ultra Mooneggs Finish

Post by Josh »

Nice link. I still have concerns about longevity and durability. It does not look like they prepped that car much other than the maybe using a degreaser. does not look sanded whatsoever.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Yeah I watched the video and it strikes me as a good way to protect a new finish.

I sent them an email for giggles and they are not willing to ship one of their sprayers to Canada at this time as they have too many unfulfilled orders in the US still. I figure for $86USD it would be cool to have and I can get plastidip by the gallon here.

If you thinned it properly you could spray it with a HVLP gun and a large tip I bet. Meh...for now I'll stick with rattle can paint. It's cheap and easy and my car is falling apart anyway.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Josh wrote:It does not look like they prepped that car much other than the maybe using a degreaser. does not look sanded whatsoever.
they didn't sand it because i think anyone who dips their probably plans to either peel it off later to redo or something along that line
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I am considering doing this.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Soon as my engines sorted out its my plan, heck you can even clear over it for a bit of luster.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Sleeper6 wrote:Soon as my engines sorted out its my plan, heck you can even clear over it for a bit of luster.
I rear that clear over PlastiDip actually isn't a good thing for it, makes it weaker I think it was.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

there is a dyc canada site. still waiting on a reply....its only been 2 weeks.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Interesting!!! Wooh!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Sleeper6 wrote:Soon as my engines sorted out its my plan, heck you can even clear over it for a bit of luster.
I rear that clear over PlastiDip actually isn't a good thing for it, makes it weaker I think it was.
Yes but it will preserve my sharpie work :twisted:
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Hey Mark, if you go this route... Give me a call, wont'cha? I'd split costs with you if you'd help me with the actual spraying. :D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
fillpereira

Post by fillpereira »

I think it would be cheaper to buy plasti-dip in a can to do the whole car. Its the same product

Its $5.98 CAD a can. So how many cans would it take? 30?

The small kit they sell is $249
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

But you get the wicked sprayer made specifically for the product by Wagner which will give you a more professional looking result.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

wytbishop wrote:But you get the wicked sprayer made specifically for the product by Wagner which will give you a more professional looking result.
the kit shipped to toronto is $473 tax in. i'll be ordering it the last week of june. sprayed by mid july.
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

ouch do u at least get the paint with it? it just looks kinda cheaply built
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com

Return to “Appearance”