my 2 cent about discontinued parts and mx-3 .com

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
driftfan3
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

my 2 cent about discontinued parts and mx-3 .com

Post by driftfan3 »

my 2 cent about discontinued parts and mx-3 .com ok that was to get your attention and yes i know i cant spell sorry. ok from what i can tell you guys are very capable to the point most of you are beond me. but with that said some thing real obvious is not happening
heres the problem
our cars are getting old and parts are being discontinued
heres what i see
you guys can make your parts or coppy them
someone always seem to have the discontinued part
this is what i think
we should learn from and help the mazda 323 gt-x, gt-r, gt-ae
great car, ppl stop making parts, no one copyed or made parts no body copyed or made body parts that coused problems (rust ing floor pan and rockers)
what i think we should do be for we are doom to follow the 323 my other baby
list all parts made for us
list all parts made for us that are discontinued
send in and copy and bluprint all discontinued parts
make the parts
use some of the funds for the forums
send 3 diff ppl copys of newly made parts and builprint so we alway have it
found a 323 fourm do the same cus alot of stuff can be put on are car and if we lose 323 for good we will lose a lot of good mods for us
so what do you guys think?
mazda mx-3 1.6l(first car) ihi vj14 (323gtx turbo) gs suspention soon megasquirt out in indianapolis in
driftfan3

Re: my 2 cent about discontinued parts and mx-3 .com

Post by driftfan3 »

to that end i think we should also faq performance mods that work without a dought like the vj-14 turbo set up or the gs brake swap im not saying its not done im still a noob soooo...... so mod how to's can befound whithout ppl have ing issuse with the search button
kinda like what we got know i just mean we can use em better but im just a noob saying noob things u know noob out 8)
mazda mx-3 1.6l(first car) ihi vj14 (323gtx turbo) gs suspention soon megasquirt out in indianapolis in
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

And I thought I was a bad speller... Thank you sir you have made me feel good about my abilities. Download Google Chrome...

Some of the information you seek has been covered recently, as well as in the faq. we are kind of lucky i guess a good amount of body panels are still available from Mazda for the MX3. Myself being somewhat of a body man I tend to fabricate my own rockers, and lower fenders and such. Its just one of those things I guess. Perhaps in 40 years the MX will be like classic muscle today, and there will be all sorts of re-fabricated parts :)
stepchyld

Post by stepchyld »

Or Mozilla Firefox. It also contains a spell check function that works quite well.

Ryan, that sounds awesome, but doesn't seem likely. I surely hope you're right, because my plans include me still having mine. That is, as long as gas is still available or they develop something that can be adapted for use in existing cars.

noob, checking the FAQs and the stickies will answer most of your questions. Search can be frustrating, but be patient with it. As for one place with all information, you're already here, we just don't serve everything on a silver platter :wink:

I think you make a valid point regarding the discontinued parts. Due to cost, we pick up parts cars - I call them 'rescues' like with unwanted, abandoned, abused/neglected pets. I've done my share (in both regards). My first 'parts' car is my DD now, rescued from a couple who weren't planning to do anything with it after it fried it's tranny, less than 1,000 miles after it was rebuilt.

Some parts are discontinued due to reduction in sales. If it doesn't sale, why make it? maybe, if there is enough interest and sales to back it, they'll discontinue less parts, idk.
I wonder how many mx3's were made and how many are still on the road...

I'd certainly be willing to archive parts and blueprints for reproducing needed MX3 components.
93 GS, ATX to MTX swap, chrome 16x7, upper strut bars, SRD LCA bushings.
Upcoming improvements: Tokico/Eibach struts/springs, energy suspension LCA bushings
94 RS MTX, Engine swap completed, ALIVE Again!
95 RS ATX, parts car/project X
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Indeed I've been there done that. The SRD crossmember and tie bar got an extra 4 years of availability to the community because I got them reproduced. It took me almost 2 years to be able to find the originals, and paid a big premium for them to since the owner didn't want to part the car, so I offered the price of his car for just those 2 parts, and had to pick them up in New Jersey from Virginia on the way back to Ontario since he didn't want to ship.

It took me an extra 2-3 years to track down an SRD ebrake handle to be able to get that reproduced.

You gotta do what you gotta do for the community, but it all depends if there's demand too. It's not bad for parts that can be made on an individual basis, but hard to gather the funds for those that need to be done in batches.

Mx-3's are getting rare, Mx-3 enthousiasts getting rarer and a demographic with less disposable income.

It's like the CS MS bumper, they didn't want to sell even when they were an awesome price of $250, but ironically everyone wants one that they're no longer available. Wouldn't be surprised if the group buy gets through if they'll be as low as $250.

The idea is great, but you need the community to follow, which is the hard part.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Damn, I entered the game too late :( I'd love to get ahold of some of those discontinued goodies, even though they haven't been made since before I could drive.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I kick myself, I was around when all these fine parts were still being sold. MS parts, SRD and so on. Then I put all my money into go fast parts like turbos, trannys, and motors with the mind set that these things would never go anywhere... Boy was I wrong, now I spend big bucks to track this stuff down. :)
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Josh wrote:I kick myself, I was around when all these fine parts were still being sold. MS parts, SRD and so on. Then I put all my money into go fast parts like turbos, trannys, and motors with the mind set that these things would never go anywhere... Boy was I wrong, now I spend big bucks to track this stuff down. :)
Pffft, a stock MX3 with an AWD tranny is still an AWD MX3 man.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
driftfan3

Post by driftfan3 »

so what im a noob what ever and your not still what ever point is we all love are cars bro i just want to save what i can ya feel me at the very lest here in indiana i know a person that can do the blue printing ill track him down againe and see about posting blueprints and see what it will cost im super limited in this area but man it seem no new ideal is ever free of negativity i see
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

driftfan3,

I'm sure he meant no offense man. :) I've been off and on lately, but I'd like to welcome you to the forums. I haven't really had the opportunity to do so until now, but welcome! You've asked some good questions, and you've had good answers come out of them!

Searching can be a pain sometimes, since using the advanced search features can be relatively confusing. Once you figure them out though, it'll always be your fastest answer to any question!

On topic though, I'm blessed to have recently snagged some SRD reproduction parts, thanks for BlaznLow and Nd4SpdSe's efforts for the community. I'm also trying to score some other discontinued products as well... I did manage to snag one of the last MazdaSpeed bumpers, and even an adjustable PaceSetter short throw.

At this point, my to-do list is shrinking pretty quickly... Well, the acquisition list at least, a lot of parts have yet to be installed. I did recently acquire some MUCH needed tools though, and have access to a blast cabinet as well finally.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
driftfan3

Post by driftfan3 »

well i see that the cs ms bumper and ms kit is something we want and may not be able to get cuz of lack of funds or what ever else so its my goal to get the whole ms body kit and any thing to do with improving the Suspension we have cuz you all seem to have the power thing down so if any of you are down id like to rent any of the peaces of the ms body kit with the goal of reproducing it and im sorry i know i cant spell never said i could
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

yeah once i get to the states there is a few parts i have on my MX-3 im trying to get reproduced so others in the community can have them as well stay tuned :shrug:

nd4spd always hits the nail on the head! MX-3's are rare blah blah but i think if there were others who have the passion that nd4spd has then the MX-3 can easily become a classic and live on just like the AE86 hachiroku has a small cult following because people keep the POS alive through passion. I would do the same for reproduced parts but the problem is now Most (not all) MX-3 owners are just trying to keep there MX-3 breathing and not into expensive parts. to own and customize this car you need passion. I feel there is only a handful of active forum members including myself that regardless of income have this....but sadly thats not enough to get parts mass produced. I will see what i can do to get parts reproduced when i arrive in america because its almost impossible to get it done overseas take the MS front sway bar for example
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

I stand by that as well, and committed myself to the cause before I spent a penny on aftermarket; I'm here to stay.

Unfortunately, finances hold me back more than anything. I made a decision when I first started acquiring performance parts, that I would not install much of anything, until I had pretty much everything I'm going for.

I've got a decent pile of parts going, most of them brand new. Some harder to acquire, like the CS MS front/sides, SRD crossmember/tiebar, Euro Front/Mini Sides(w/ hardware), Wraparound Spoiler(w/ caps), 9/10 condition Cargo Cover, H4 headlights, and more that I'll no doubt uncover later and remember buying. :lol:

Some are just smaller things that aren't rare, but nice to have, such as: Working Ashtrays, Floormat holders, badges(gold & silver), and those pesky things that always break: Interior trim tabs, the rear seatbelt clips(mount to speaker pods), and more.

I've also got 2 Fidanza Flywheels, 2 sets of quality cam cores(to be reground), 3 sets of usable KL heads(2 101, 1 131), every Intake Manifold besides the KLG4, 2 sets of 10:1 pistons(mated to rods), I've cleaned up 2 sets of ValveCovers to prep for Powdercoating.

I'm on a never ending search for good deals, because I'm looking so far down the road with this project, that I'm acquiring parts I likely won't use for another 2 years... Some have already been in my possession for that time, unused.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”