PaceSetter adjustable short throw!

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

PaceSetter adjustable short throw!

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'm curious if anybody has found any bearings that will tightly mate the PaceSetter adjustable short throw to the stock linkage?

I'm currently using bronzoils on the transmission end of the linkage(and regular bronze for the 3rd link), but am stuck with the plastic bushings for the shifter end. It bums me out, because maintaining less than 1/16" slop in the shifter with plastic bushings makes it a royal PAIN to drive the car.

Loosening it up enough to shift easier causes 1/4" of slop, which is unacceptable to me.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Evo_Spec

Re: PaceSetter adjustable short throw!

Post by Evo_Spec »

i assume the bronzoil shifter bushings that are available from corksport won't fit the pacesetters?

http://www.corksport.com/corksport-bron ... hings.html

you could try looking on kijiji or whatever for a person that does metal work and that might have a lathe and could custom make it for you. (though i don't know if you can get bronzoil material)
i mention kijiji cause the kijiji here has a lot of people offering services like welding and custom metal & wood working
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I'm pretty sure I'm using the bronzoils in my pacesetter - I'm not sure why you are having problems Blake - you've shifted in my car and know how tight it is and I have a pacesetter. :shrug:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Evo,
Unfortunately they do not fit... Tried it, believe me.

Moon,
They definitely do not fit in the shifter end of mine, sadly. :( Were there 2 variations of the STS by any chance?
It's true, yours is really good, and it's smoother shifting than mine. Mine requires far more effort than it should, especially at ~70% reduction. You're around 80% right?
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

might take a bit of effort but could you drill/grind out the hole to be bigger?
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

The problem was reversed, to be honest. The plastic bushings my shifter came with are larger than the Bronzoils. I may end up loosening the bolt and tolerating a slightly sloppier shift for now... It's hard to smoothly engage any gear when you have to force the shifter into position. :shrug:
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
NorCalMX3

Post by NorCalMX3 »

Sorry to revive an old thread, but is this the pacesetter you guys are talking about?:

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/PAC010610.htm32

I'm about to do my full rebuilt / K8 to KLZE swap and I HATED to shifter slop and long throw. Towards the end of my MX-3s past life the shifter fell through the floor and rested on the exhaust.

I'm looking to document any information about what to buy so I can do all this with the car torn apart to avoid future slop / excess throw.

Yielding a search didn't come up with much other than this thread, but maybe I didn't look back far enough.
1992 MX-3 GS:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2607936
1995 Honda Del Sol (Current Main until KL-ZE Swap):
http://teamsolcal.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=20662

Return to “Transmissions”