Klze lack of powe(hp)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
wertys

Klze lack of powe(hp)

Post by wertys »

Car runs very nicely, compression test from 1 to 6 is 200 205 195 195 205 205.
Idles at 900,
Klze curved neck everything stock but 2.5in exhaust line incl ebay headers, vibrant reso, vibrant cat and vibrant muffler. and kl36 ecu
I have no pflow im using my k8 air bowl(dunno english word lol)
Finally, the problem is that i do 16.3 on the 1\4 mile which i was told was very very bad for a ze i have a 1.01 reaction and 2.353 on 60ft
The only things not connected are the 3 egr connectors and a vacuum that goes into the charcoal canister(never found the hole) anyone has any ideas?
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: Klze lack of powe(hp)

Post by Josh »

16.3 :shock: what size wheels are you running? also it sounds to me like perhaps your VRIS may not be opening up. Do you have a check engine light on at all?
wertys

Post by wertys »

205 55 15, no check engine and ill check vris in an hour...can this be checked just by winding?
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

start the engine and just move the throttle by hand up to about 3500rpm. You will see the VRIS actuators open and close.

By "air bowl" do you mean the air flow sensor? I think you do and that should be fine with the KL36 ECU as the JDM cars use the same sensor as us. Maybe your air flow sensor is not functioning properly. You can test it by following the instructions in the manual. http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... F2-150.gif

Maybe the brakes are dragging? I don't know. If it feels string and runs nicely all the way to redline it should be faster than that.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

My first time dragging I was 16.05, maybe it's the driver, took many many sessions to get down to 14's and tweaking the car, knowing how to launch, etc. Reaction time doesn't affect your actual 1/4 mile time.

Some guys also had issues with their throttle cables not pulling the butterfly all the way open on the TB

Hows your gas mileage? Should give you a sign on how well the motor is running...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Some guys also had issues with their throttle cables not pulling the butterfly all the way open on the TB
I had that issue on mine, my car has a custom throttle bracket and was very loose not opening all the way.

Did you have someone else in the car with you? that could be a factor
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Bigassed stereo system?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I remember taking my ATX RS out to the drags for the first time with stock steelies and my drilled out air box, 19.1 in the 1/4. That was with the hold button locked and launching from neutral to Drive at like 3500 rpm... The second time with the Turbo B6DE and MTX at a 14.1 on 6psi. My new house is only a couple of miles from the track :P
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

Not only that what rpm are you launching at and what rpm are you shifting at?
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
wertys

Post by wertys »

900 idle to 6.5k...im scared to go higher :P and humm i just found that both my VRIS were closed ALL TIMES... started looking around and found a hose that seemed plugged in but actually wasnt... could this be it?! so much loss of power being due to VRIS?!
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Each VRIS solenoid has an electrical harness connector. Make sure they are both connected.

Here are all the parts of the VRIS system...
http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... F2-102.gif

I don't think this would account for a large loss of power. I don't know your skill level, but I'm leaning toward agreeing with Nd4SpdSe. Perhaps you need practice?
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

That very well could be it, no VRIS and a 900 rpm launch. Slow launches can be a killer. The VRIS is supposed to open up as you are making peek hp so if they are not opening you are not seeing your full potential, it is probably a difference of like 20 hp or so. Which may not seem like much but in a small car like the MX it is kind of huge. Unplug them and drive a round for a little bit, and then strap them open and drive around and see how much you notice.
wertys

Post by wertys »

kinda seen my wheels spin after i plugged them lol so tomorrow night imma test my skills again
whitete
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by whitete »

how healthy is the engine ?? spark plugs / wires / air filter clean /

how about the fuel filter ? has it been replaced ?

other ideas are your flow sensor is messing up your ecu
Red96'Mx3 KL-ZE 2.5, CAI, full 2.5'' exhaust,cat delete, black stock rims polished lip, cross drilled brakes, (aftermarket bumper with halo foglights-Needs work) .
http://www.cardomain.com/id/whitete

Previous rides
Purple94' Mx3 K8-ZE CAI, Exhaust, plugs,wires
Purple95' Mx3 K8 american, CAI, Exhaust, plugs, wires,cap/rotor fuel pump, short shift,
Black 94' Mx3 i4 Stock ( hit by dear )
wertys

Post by wertys »

compression is good, brand new sparks , wires are just fine(NGK), air filter has 15k on it and i havent touched my gaz filter

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”