what kind of engine is this?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
windofire
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

what kind of engine is this?

Post by windofire »

I've checked the engine code on a engine and it says kl 426420 what engine is this?

You can see a pic of the engine here.: http://www.dba.dk/200-hestes-25-v6-moto ... -78134511/
Black Mx3 GS
ZE swapped with kl36 ecu and Exedy oem clutch, Fidanza flywheel, 2.5" stainless exhaust, Ebay headers, 8mm sparkplug wires and Denso iridium sparkplugs, Rockspeed CAI, 17x8 wheels, 235/40 Goodyear eagle f1 as, Taroc japan sport discs and pads.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: what kind of engine is this?

Post by MrMazda92 »

You can't really tell much from the picture... By first glance, I'd say Millenia Engine.
Supporting information:
- Millenia Intake Manifold
- Mazda VC

Honestly though, either of those could be bolted to ANY K series engine.

How much are they asking for it?
Are you able to inspect it in person, yourself?

You want pictures of the head codes themselves.
Example: KL31-101 and/or KL31-1A1 for KLZE heads(square port)

More goes into it than that though, cams and piston height are variable as well.

It isn't bad that it appears to come with trans, mounts, and headers though... All bonuses if it comes as a bundle.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
windofire

Post by windofire »

I asked him for number and told him it properly was kl31-xxx but he said the number he found was the one I wrote above.. I've got a offer that says 1100 € for the engine, tranny and full 2.5" stainless steel exhaust.

I'm going to visit him in next week, but I didn't feel like driving all the way if that number meant it is a DE.
Black Mx3 GS
ZE swapped with kl36 ecu and Exedy oem clutch, Fidanza flywheel, 2.5" stainless exhaust, Ebay headers, 8mm sparkplug wires and Denso iridium sparkplugs, Rockspeed CAI, 17x8 wheels, 235/40 Goodyear eagle f1 as, Taroc japan sport discs and pads.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Looks like a kfze to me
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

The price is a little iffy without knowing for sure... I wish I could read more of the website. :shrug:

Since you're going to look at it, pop the front VC and check the cam codes.
Next up, pull a spark plug and shine a bright light down into the combustion chamber, you'll be looking for a noticeable dish pattern around the edges. Dished = DE(9.x:1), flatter = ZE(10.0:1)

Not a bad price if you know what you're getting your hands on, just make sure you get a good feel before you pull out your wallet. :D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

solo_ryder wrote:Looks like a kfze to me
Out of curiosity, what gives you that impression? I haven't seen many of them, so I don't see any difference from the typical "which engine is this?" threads. :shrug:
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
windofire

Post by windofire »

In the how to identify a klze FAQ there's a link where the kf is shown, and the I'M might look similar too the other one.

If you wanna read more of the page try google translater, danish to English. I'm using my phone right now, so it would take a lot of time to write it. ;)
Black Mx3 GS
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

No way it's a KLZE, probably what solo said.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

MrMazda92 wrote:
solo_ryder wrote:Looks like a kfze to me
Out of curiosity, what gives you that impression? I haven't seen many of them, so I don't see any difference from the typical "which engine is this?" threads. :shrug:
There is a few indications..

first being that the ad says its a 2.0L, not the title, but the details "fra den skadede 323f ba 94-97 2,0 v6"

second is the intake mani, looks like a K8 style mani but it is "flat" ish on the top, that is a dead giveaway of a curve neck KFZE. It wouldnt be uncommon since hes in europe and those motors come out of 323f's.

third is if it was a Millenia it would have a DOHC 24 Valve V6 valve cover which it does not.. Not that I would say that is a determining factor
windofire

Post by windofire »

The text you copyed from the ad is saying its from a wrecked 2,0. Not that the engine itself is 2,0. But I'm still afraid that you are right..
Black Mx3 GS
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

It certianly looks like a KFZE unless it was a straight neck 2.5 and he swapped on his manifold so that the motor would fit.. Check the heads and cams, that is the true way to tell..

KL31 or KL01 cams

KL31-1A1 and KL31-101 heads

Anything else is not KLZE
windofire

Post by windofire »

i've just recived two pictures of the engine, ill upload them and link them. in the pictures it says kl31-1A1, but the head looks like something from a KF.

here's the pictures:
http://www.bilgalleri.dk/alb_vis.aspx?albumid=80279
but the IM looks like KF.
Last edited by windofire on December 18th, 2011, 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Mx3 GS
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

KF was my instinct based on the shape of the IM.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

I would also say KF
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I spaced on the IM, good call guys. :oops:

Did KFs carry a KL marked head? :? This all makes me very glad I'm geared towards a built DE, it's a hassle I'm avoiding entirely! :lol:
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”