MX3 Projector/Halo Lights

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

MX3 Projector/Halo Lights

Post by RobMinhas »

Hi MX3 forum!
I've recently purchased some Halo Projector headlights for my MX3. Theres just one problem, I'm a complete fool at this wiring set up so I was hoping to get some help. I looked at some other threads and although they seemed to be well done I need some specific advice on these.

These are them here.

Now I think I understand how this blue plug works here, I plug it into where the other plug that had a bulb plugged into. i believe the red cable goes to the battery, and there is a relay so my battery isn't drained. Also there is a fuse within the little black rectangle.
I plugged the old bulb connector into the blue plug thing, my low beam and high beam was set properly.
I put some fogger covers I have on them also to see how it would look.

Now the real problem comes here
These two cable setups have me completely baffled.
This one here:
Is where the vertical signal lights are attached to, my limited understanding makes me think that the red wire must be attached to the signal wiring and that the black is a ground cable?

Then theres this:
I believe these are for the actual halo lights that light up. I think the black is again a ground wire while the white works to do the actual halo lighting. I don't want to have the halo rings lit up constantly but I think I'd link to wire those to a switch, then put the switch in my dash somewhere.

Anyway, can you guys help me out with some specific wiring help?
Much appreciated,
Rob
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Evo_Spec

Re: MX3 Projector/Halo Lights

Post by Evo_Spec »

your images aren't working but you should come over to my place and we could probably figure it out as i'm pretty good with wiring.
i also hear it's a really good idea to solder a lot of the connections since they didn't from factory unless they're doing it now
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Evo_Spec wrote:your images aren't working but you should come over to my place and we could probably figure it out as i'm pretty good with wiring.
i also hear it's a really good idea to solder a lot of the connections since they didn't from factory unless they're doing it now
Thanks Shayne! I might just take you up on that, heres a link to the imgur album here http://imgur.com/a/dgkjl#7
It seems that MX3 forums don't like imgur.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I have an update! I pulled my bumper off and threw the projectors on, my high and low beams work great, and are quite bright. I haven't done the wiring for the halo part or the led indicator part, but I did everything I knew how to do. Heres the album link. http://imgur.com/a/30d32

I haven't put away any of the wires yet in case I have to move them somewhere else. That bumper was a real pain the butt to get out, struggled a lot with it. Then, just because of my beautiful luck, my battery nut fell into my lower intake disposer so I had to remove my whole intake in order to get it out. Needless to say I'm completely exhausted.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I've decided to postpone the installation as I need to drive the car haha. I didn't get a chance to splice the halos and the leds to my daytime running lights so i had my bumper off. I threw the bumper back on and the stock headlights so the car is back on the road.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i figured it'd be easier for other people to help you with your problem if your pictures were working properly so i took the liberty of figuring out how to link images from imgur.
it took me a little while but i did figure it out and i'd have to reccomend you to stop using imgur as long as it doesn't have a direct link feature since the technique i found is annoying to do, and you might want to resize them next time XD
RobMinhas wrote:Hi MX3 forum!
I've recently purchased some Halo Projector headlights for my MX3. Theres just one problem, I'm a complete fool at this wiring set up so I was hoping to get some help. I looked at some other threads and although they seemed to be well done I need some specific advice on these.

These are them here.

Now I think I understand how this blue plug works here, I plug it into where the other plug that had a bulb plugged into. i believe the red cable goes to the battery, and there is a relay so my battery isn't drained. Also there is a fuse within the little black rectangle.
I plugged the old bulb connector into the blue plug thing, my low beam and high beam was set properly.
I put some fogger covers I have on them also to see how it would look.

Now the real problem comes here
These two cable setups have me completely baffled.
This one here:
Is where the vertical signal lights are attached to, my limited understanding makes me think that the red wire must be attached to the signal wiring and that the black is a ground cable?

Then theres this:
I believe these are for the actual halo lights that light up. I think the black is again a ground wire while the white works to do the actual halo lighting. I don't want to have the halo rings lit up constantly but I think I'd link to wire those to a switch, then put the switch in my dash somewhere.

Anyway, can you guys help me out with some specific wiring help?
Much appreciated,
Rob
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

I like Imgur but it seems like it doesn't want to work. Any other sites you'd recommend?
Mi|<E

Post by Mi|<E »

Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

after doing that and reading through it i realize that i can actually help you since i'm good with wiring XD
(lol this post was supposed to be right after my last post but i got distracted for a couple hours XD)

umm, so i'm gonna label wires so you know what wires i'm talking about.
since you said the two cable setup baffled you, i'm going to call the red/black set Br and the white/black set Bw (baffled red and baffled white)
and i see other sets of wires there going to the high beam which is red and low beam which is blue so those will be Hw and Lw (high wire and low wire)

so depending on what you want to do in your setup will depend on where those wires go.
now as you said Br is for the horizontal LED's and Bw is the halo's, you were correct, so depending on what you want them to do will determine where you wire them in.

now if you want your halos to go on with your running lights you'll have to do a little testing as i don't know what the halo's do for running lights, normally our cars use the high beams at half the regular voltage (~6v-7v....i think) so i would guess that you wire Bw into Hw BUT make sure which lights are you running lights so go in your car and flip your light switch ONCE and see what lights turn on, whichever one turns on will be where you want to splice Bw into.
another option would be to splice it into the running light where your signal light is located

now for your horizontal LED's i think you want them to be signal lights right? well what i'd probably do is run the wire down to, well the turn signal, and splice it in there. but be careful as there's 3 wires going to the turn signal, one's DRL, one's turn signal, and one's ground.

hope this helps
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

RobMinhas wrote:I like Imgur but it seems like it doesn't want to work. Any other sites you'd recommend?
it's not bad, just not hotlink friendly, photobucket is and i think you can edit photo's right on there
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

You pretty much reaffirmed everything I had hypothesized up till then! My buddy cam over on wednesday and we tried soms stuff out and because I don't have a lot of knowledge in the wiring department and he doesn't know a lot about the car specifically(he has a Celica)we decided we didn't want to risk it until we know exactly what we were getting in to. I'm going to be done exams after saturday(I know, exams on saturday? apparently a calculus final at 8 AM is reasonable....) and we plan on jumping back in when we get the chance. We're gonna try to splice the cables the way you said, but we might consider a variation if it's easier or if we think it looks better. We might not even get to it all that soon since we have a bunch of stuff we want to tackle. I still haven't put a winter tire onto that rim I bought from you so I can complete my winter set with the OEM rims, I also want to get down to pick n pull so I can get an actuator so I can set up power locks and I still haven't figured out my mileage problem with my car. But when I get back to it, I'll let you know!
Evo_Spec wrote:
RobMinhas wrote:I like Imgur but it seems like it doesn't want to work. Any other sites you'd recommend?
it's not bad, just not hotlink friendly, photobucket is and i think you can edit photo's right on there
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

can you post picture of beam pattern on the wall
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

mitmaks wrote:can you post picture of beam pattern on the wall
I will hopefully get to the lights tomorrow, and if I do I'll be sure to snap some pictures of the high beam and low beam, although i'm not sure my leds and halos will be set up.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”