Window issues...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
_lithium_
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Window issues...

Post by _lithium_ »

Firstly, Sorry if this is the wrong section to put this in, I didn't find a more relevant one so I decided to post it here please move it if necessary.

I recently have had issues with my window having a tough time going up (although the window motor is definitely working and the window parts that hold it up were just fucked up. Well, the window officially broke today and the plastic piece on the center bottom of the window (drivers side) broke where it goes onto the metal rail and I'm pretty sure a few other parts broke (can't really see yet until it stops raining and I can look further at it).

My question is, does anyone know of somewhere I can order the plastic pieces required, besides the motor/regulator which I believe work.
mitmaks

Re: Window issues...

Post by mitmaks »

If we're talking about same part, I'm pretty sure it comes with new glass (it's installed on it)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93-94 ... 2c5c0d862c
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
_lithium_

Post by _lithium_ »

Uhmm, that part I think is okay. There is a plastic piece bolted onto the glass in the center-bottom and it comes downward and onto a metal rail. If I decide to take it apart over the weekend I'll try to take some pics and upload them. The only parts I can find are those that are the regulator or motor and I doubt U-Pull-It has any MX-3's.
_lithium_

Post by _lithium_ »

Actually, looking more closely at a picture of a regulator I think that may be the part I need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-96-MX ... 1e65d3c2d2

It looks like plastic piece is on the bottom of the rail in the picture and attaches to the window? f--- if I know anymore...lol
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Looks like it's part of window regulator, I think you should be able to unbolt old glass (or whatever's left of it) and bolt on the new glass.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
_lithium_

Post by _lithium_ »

Ok. I took the stuff apart, this is the piece that has broken (it screws at the top through the bottom-center of the window) Image

Also, when I push up/down on my window control, the entire thing (is it the regulator AND motor?) Image

it starts to move the wire, then stops and makes a loud a-- noise like it's stuck. Is that whole assembly just the regulator?

the first picture basically rides up and down on the rail but the plastic clips along the center broke off, thus my window fell
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

maybe you can source one at local junk yard
_lithium_

Post by _lithium_ »

Yeah, I think I'm going to try there first, the problem is that they usually never have MX-3's and if they do, they are COMPLETELY stripped from top to bottom. Is there any vehicle that matches this window type that you know of that I could look out for? I know the Ford Probe GT Engine is usually compatible but thats the engine and not windows lol.
fillpereira
antispam: No

Post by fillpereira »

I just bought one of those yesterday for my driver side window at a junk yard. Cost me 65 bucks
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Rock auto sells referbed ones... They'll set you back a bit over $100, but you know it will work. Aside from that, I recommend going to a local electronic repair shop, or somewhere that works on electric motors, alternators, that type of thing. They might even be willing to beef up the motor a bit(trust me, you'll be glad you did!).

Also, you should search for info on a stuck window fix, you can use a product called Butyl tape to literally adhere the rubber guide in the window slot to the door itself, and it will 100% stop it from sliding down(this is what initially wears the motors out, beyond people holding the buttons up/down after the window has stopped moving) <---This is the #1 cause of the motor's being killed. I found this out myself, having replaced the motor in my DS window 3 times over an OCD habit.

If the window is down all the way, stop holding the button IMMEDIATELY, same drill for up... You can toast the motor quick, since it has nothing to tell it that it's not moving. It just spins anyways, and does nothing but harm.

Good luck, if you have more questions(after searching, you probably wont! :) Trust me!) you can PM me on this subject, I wrote a walk-through a while back and totally spaced on posting it... It's somewhere on my old computer, and I might be inclined to dig it up if you have a hard time getting this resolved.

Once again, good luck! =)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Those little white plastic clips that hold the control rods in place are almost universal so any car or at least any Mazda will have them. Good news is the window assemblies are real easy to remove from the door.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
_lithium_

Post by _lithium_ »

I bet it burnt out because of the button. My control is just the circuit board and sliders and I have to use a pencil to push the pins up and down to make the window move, and the one that goes down had the spring fall out, so when the window went down all the way I'd have to hurry up and pull the slider back up so it didn't get the circuit board really hot (which has happened). Safe to say, when I get some extra cash, I'm gonna look into getting a new regulator/motor and new control switch if I can find them. Thanks for all the help guys!
_lithium_

Post by _lithium_ »

One question. I'm going tomorrow to the junkyard, is there any similiar vehicle that has the exact regulator/motor as my 92 mx-3 GS? Especially since I'm thinking I won't find one up there.
_lithium_

Post by _lithium_ »

UPDATE:: Went to the junk yard, found a mazda and pulled the reg/motor out and it was only $16 (he charge me just for the regulator...lol. and put it in my car and works like a freakin' charm. Now just to keep my eyes out for a new window control switch.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Don't forget the Butyl tape ;) It's definitely on the cheap, and if you take the time to install it carefully, will be VERY worthwhile. My window guides slid all the time, no matter what I did, until trying this out. I believe it was around $4 for a roll of it, which I have enough left for my other MX-3 too now that I think about it :lol:

My one point of caution, is that you should definitely make sure you're applying the tape thinly, and since it adheres amazingly to metal, you should just stretch it with your fingers, and press it in smoothly before re-inserting the rubber guide.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”