Reputable JDM Source

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Clappy

Reputable JDM Source

Post by Clappy »

I was hoping to get some advice or a point in the right direction.

I'm going to be doing a KLZE Swap into my MX3 late winter/spring and I have no idea who to trust when it comes to ordering and picking up the engine.

Anyone here have shops they trust or have bought from? Can be Toronto, Ottawa and in between...

Any help is appreciated.
-----------------
Tim
09 Dodge Challenger SXT
08 G5 White
93 MX3 SE Red
94 MX3 V6 Black
95 MX3 V6 Blue/purple
Pritchett
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Reputable JDM Source

Post by Pritchett »

DO NOT BUY FROM TIGERJAP!!!!

Here is a link to the engine they shipped out to me, total cost of $742 which turned out to be complete garbage and cost me over $2000 for less then 10km.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=74499

I bought my most recent engine from jdmsource out of calgary and so far its running good. But ya, tigerjap only offered me $100 as a refund cause I couldn't remove and ship them back the engine in 7 days, it took them 8 days to ship it to me! I also had to contact the BBB to even get a response from them.
93 mx-3 GS (KLZE w/kl01 cams, XTD stage 3 clutch, Outlaw intake/throttle body spacers, throttle body coolant delete, headers, full 2.5" exhaust w/resonator and 40 series flowmaster, filled engine mounts)
99 silverado
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

There have been many many documented cases of trouble with TigerJapanese. I also bought from JDMSource but that might be a bit much for you with the cost of shipping.

Truth is any engine importer you use is going to try to get the best deal for them that they can. You have to go in knowing what to look for and how to make sure you get what you really want.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

Thats funny, the first ze I bought was from jdm source and it is still running after 7 years but after that I could not get another one from them, poor customer service and I had to pick one up from tiger. I have bought three ze's from them and have not had a problem minus some broken stuff during shipping. It is probably hit and miss with these companies. Mind you I told them all which motor with head codes, curved neck im and other things I was looking for and if it showed up wrong that I would not accept shippment and have it sent back to them. I don't know if that is what got me the right motors or not but it was worth a shot. Nice thing about using paypal is if it was wrong you could just file a complaint/refund.
1993 White gs klze.
Flinch

Post by Flinch »

I got my KLZE in 2005 from JDM source calgary. Its true it is my second motor from them my first one cratered after a monthe or so and the owner Soiab hooked me up with a new one no charge because he felt bad and the new one still running and turboed for the past 2 years, running strong with compression of 190 across the bord.

It is also true that they are having troubles getting them in latley but im sure if you call enough to show intrest he will treat you well. Tell him you know Matt Friesen. JDM source is where autodream gets ahold of a mojority of thier motors aswell i believe.
-KL31 stock internals with curved neck intake manifold and KL36 ecu
-Turbo running 7.5psi
-FMI 3"x12"x32" all alluminum and welded, have a 7.5 PSI spring she just creeps on cold nights
-ACT 6puck sprung/96 probe tranny
-Short shifter
-HEI and MSD 6al (makes a big difference when you spend the 65$ ont he right spark plugs)
-KYB GR-2 struts with H & R springs
-Megan racing seats
-Personal 280mm stearing wheel
-Familia rear strut tower bar
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I got mine from EngineLand in Montreal I think it was. But this is back in '03....
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Nitefire got his in Montreal, message him. You need to really check the motor over, compression check it while your watching and pull a valve cover to check for age/sludge. I just happen to have a spare KLZE in my driveway if you"d like to stop buy and see one. My valve covers are unbolted so you can lift one and see what a clean ZE engine looks like. :D
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Clappy

Post by Clappy »

Spare KLZE.... you should just sell me that one! :wink:
-----------------
Tim
09 Dodge Challenger SXT
08 G5 White
93 MX3 SE Red
94 MX3 V6 Black
95 MX3 V6 Blue/purple
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

How did I guess you would say that. :lol:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Pritchett
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Pritchett »

hey flinch, when I went to jdmsource in april/march of this year, he mentioned a buddy/customer of his who had a klze in a mx-3 running 6-8lbs of boost and making 300+hp. was he referring to you?
93 mx-3 GS (KLZE w/kl01 cams, XTD stage 3 clutch, Outlaw intake/throttle body spacers, throttle body coolant delete, headers, full 2.5" exhaust w/resonator and 40 series flowmaster, filled engine mounts)
99 silverado

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”