delete me

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
specialtyneed
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

delete me

Post by specialtyneed »

delete me
Last edited by specialtyneed on May 22nd, 2012, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
94 MX-3 L4 1.6L B6-DE DOHC MT F25M-R Silver Ext Blk Int 181k mi disty mod to ext style done. Worklog viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77306&hilit=specialtyneed&start=0
muttpower
antispam: No

Re: Who knows the resonance freq peak or MPH (solution) for

Post by muttpower »

I'd ask Ryan or one of the other engineer types...
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

There is no one answer. Too many variables too many moving parts/ condition. There is a blanacer for a reason.
specialtyneed

Post by specialtyneed »

That is not true. We may all just not be privy to the info. The engineers know what it is who tested the car because they tweak minor things to suppress the resonance for warranty reasons and customer appeal. I'll give an example the '94 metro I drive is 67 mph. One can test a car live on the road by using a device similar to what is used in a aircraft ground power unit (GPU) to set the 400hz for the aircraft power match. The older manual units have a knob you twist to increase the engine RPM via the throttle and lock in at the right hz that is independent of the automatic start governor. The guage is basically a set of plastic beads on individual springs at slightly different tensions that start moving (vibrating) and become a blur at the current hz of the engine.
94 MX-3 L4 1.6L B6-DE DOHC MT F25M-R Silver Ext Blk Int 181k mi disty mod to ext style done. Worklog viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77306&hilit=specialtyneed&start=0
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

You could find out through experimentation, but I'm 99.9% sure no one on here cares.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

specialtyneed wrote:That is not true. We may all just not be privy to the info. The engineers know what it is who tested the car because they tweak minor things to suppress the resonance for warranty reasons and customer appeal. I'll give an example the '94 metro I drive is 67 mph. One can test a car live on the road by using a device similar to what is used in a aircraft ground power unit (GPU) to set the 400hz for the aircraft power match. The older manual units have a knob you twist to increase the engine RPM via the throttle and lock in at the right hz that is independent of the automatic start governor. The guage is basically a set of plastic beads on individual springs at slightly different tensions that start moving (vibrating) and become a blur at the current hz of the engine.
I'm really lost here, how does one relate to the other? Yes the older Stewart Stevens had a throttle that allowed you to fine tune the hz to 400. How would that system help you zero in on the destructive freqs. in your engine? There are ways to check for and measure vibration but I've never heard of a system like your talking about being used. Pick ups (accelerometers) are usually employed and some kind of reference baseline is needed. I would think if your looking to find an elevated resonance you'd want the vehicle stationary so as not to induce any input not related to the engine like drive line imbalance's, etc. Anyway, I'm sure you know what your doing I just never heard of it being done in the manner you suggested. :)
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”