LIMP Mode and Probinator

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
TMP39

LIMP Mode and Probinator

Post by TMP39 »

ok so random thought, mind you i dont know why i didnt think of this before. when your engine light comes on, majority of the time the computer puts itself in limp mode. basicly it richens the air fuel mixture and you guessed it you get a power loss.

I've been changing my computer back and forth from the probinator/KL02, Probinator/JE50 and the k8/JE50 and K8/KL02 combos. the only difference is the VRIS from the probinator is different and the CEL for code 16 comes on. and with the CEL on the computer goes to limp mode.

The power gain that is claimed from the Probinator, in my opinion is just the regular running computer without the CEL. cause honestly i really havent found a difference. the code 16 is still there, not gone, just doesnt put the CEL on. and it just seems like the car is running regular.

Dont jump to much, but yea i honestly think the only thing the Probinator chip is good for, is a little bit better gas milage, not CEL, and the Changed VRIS points.

And yes i know the saying if you dont like it dont use it and all that, but in my all honest opinion the probinator seems to be a good fix for gettin the CEL off after a ZE swap without the kl36 or kl31 computers.

:) anyways what does everybody else think.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”