I Love Ebay

Off-Topic Discussions
mikeinaus
antispam: No

I Love Ebay

Post by mikeinaus »

i dont know why people badmouth ebay so much. ive had nothing but great experiences with 90% of the purchases i have made.

for example:
a few weeks ago i ordered a leather armrest cover. when it arrived i tried to fit it to the car and there wasnt enough fabric to tuck under and mount it properly. a couple quick emails later there making me a new one to the dimensions i asked and mailing it out free of charge. im also keeping the original one they sent.

i also purchased a set of the vertical led halo lights knowing full well they fit a bit smaller then the stock lights. when i installed them, the gap near the fenders was larger then i thought so i sent the company an email. they offered a full refund and offered to send a prepaid shipping label to mail them back, or take a $60 refund and keep the lights. i took the $60 and i can live with the gap. :mrgreen:
ninjajim4

Re: I Love Ebay

Post by ninjajim4 »

agree... shipping back and forth can be a PITA but otherwise there is just so much value there. if i don't need it in my hands the same day, probably 90% of what i buy comes from ebay.

i think there are just a lot of people that are afraid to buy something ON THE INTERNET :shock:

to my mind it's so hard to get scammed unless you're a total idiot. oh your paypal's having problems? western union? sure why not! :roll:
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

@mike - get some 3M weatherstriping with the adhesive and run it on the sides, fits great and looks stock plus it fills the gaps!
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Vecia

Post by Vecia »

I freaking love ebay too. Nothing but great experiences with it. Paypal can be a nerf when dealing with refunds but other than that... awesome.
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

Sleeper6 wrote:@mike - get some 3M weatherstriping with the adhesive and run it on the sides, fits great and looks stock plus it fills the gaps!
do you have a part number? ive been casually looking for some rubber stripping to put there but i havnt been able to find anything. all i can find is 3m weatherstripping adhesive...
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ebay's good. Unless the seller has 99%+ score I normally won't deal with them. I do however read the feed back and a lot of times the negative comments are obviously from idiots. $158 delivered for chrome headers was excellent. Now how about RockAuto.com AAA as well.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

It's a hit and miss with ebay imo. It really depends on seller, some are better than the others.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

3M Pt# 08650 is what I used
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
muttpower

Post by muttpower »

I always talk sh*t about Egay, but I still use it...it's pretty much hit or miss...the last fiasco I had was with a "reputable" seller (99.9% Pos Feedback), who posted his item as having free shipping. So I bid on the item. Exactly 20 minutes after winning the auction and sending the payment via paypal, this guy calls me and says Ebay had a Glitch, and it wasn't supposed to have free shipping, and that shipping would be another $119....long story short, I got my refund back after a month, and fought to have an Unpaid item strike removed finally...and guess what happened, the A$$clown relists the item with.........(drumroll please)...................yep, you guessed it, free shipping!!!!!! It's just a PITA to sift through all the retards selling crap, and the feedback score doesn't always mean anything(feedback score can be adjusted) But then again, where else am I gonna find a Seller with the name I Love Taco Taco who'll sell KL Headers for $120 shipped??????
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

Sleeper6 wrote:3M Pt# 08650 is what I used
how exactly does it fit? from the pics it looks like a round tube that has a flat sticky side. happen to have any pics of how it looks?

ive been trying to find something like this
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

There's a few rotten apples that make the rest of apples rot
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Sisko182

Post by Sisko182 »

Sell on eBay for a while. Its MUCH harder being a seller than a buyer. You get a lot of frauds trying to rip you off. You learn everything over time, but not without getting screwed a couple times up and down.
$i$Ko

Ride:
1992 Midnight Purple MX-3
Worklog:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75646

Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=76781

Return to “Off-Topic”