[FS] 1992 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6, 5SPD ($1700 FIRM)

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
mrmike420
Supporting Member

[FS] 1992 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6, 5SPD ($1700 FIRM)

Post by mrmike420 »

1992 MAZDA MX-3 GS, V6, 5SPD, $1700 (FIRM)

Let me first emphasize that I bought this car as a “project car” and I'm intending to sell it as a “project car”. That being said, it runs but needs work. A Mechanic's Special or parts car!

PROS:

Replaced engine, has about an est. 75k miles. Replaced axles, tie rods, lower ball joints, power steering pump, master cylinder, SS clutch line, motor and suspension mounts.

Upgraded to Tokico ZX2 Struts, installed Eibach Lowering Springs, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's light bulbs and K&N air filter.

Power windows, power door locks, rear defroster, keyless entry, braking system, engine cooling system, lighting and heater all work. Has new battery and I will be giving SS brake lines to the buyer to install.

CONS:

Needs emission diagnostics, could be an O2 sensor and/or an EGR valve, I’m not exactly sure the culprit.

Interior needs new carpeting, head lining, the two front seats have rips, they would need to be reupholstered or replaced, crack on the dashboard, auto-shoulder belts need connectors and tracks need replaced/servicing. Lap belts DO work though. (Might be able to get shoulder belts fixed for free from Mazda recall). Interior wall panels need to be re-installed. (I will be putting them back on this weekend).

Sun roof needs servicing; either the motor and/or track need replacing, can be pulled from a junk yard cheap.

A/C needs servicing, I had it fixed twice but the Freon leaked out a few months after.

Alternator may need replacing, it's been stalling a little when cranking, can be pulled from a junk yard cheap.

Engine wiring harness needs attention (I have another one that will be given to the buyer).

Power steering hose may need to be tightened or replaced, there is a little leakage. Can be purchased at a local parts dealer rather cheap.

Valve cover gasket needs replacing. Can be purchased at a local parts dealer cheap.

Body has some chips and dents that would need fixing.

No Stereo, although it does have working Blaupunkt speakers in the doors and hatch area.

Cruise control does not work, possibly a loose connection or an unplugged wire, but who needs cruise control in a sports car? ;-)

Alarm does not sound, possibly a loose connection or an unplugged wire.

Tires got some tread but will need replacing soon.

With all the above “cons” mentioned, the car runs and engine runs strong. I have all receipts and service paperwork done to this vehicle. Clean, clear title in hand.

If you are interested or have any questions, feel free to PM, call, text or email me at 602-363-8945 or mfuego@hotmail.com. Serious buyers only. I will not be parting out, local pickup only (Phoenix, AZ). Thank you.

-Mike
Please visit http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/2258220327.html for pics.
~FUeGo~
92 MX-3 GS, 5spd, Black Metallic, Tokico ZX2 Struts, Eibach Springs, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's, K&N A/F, Suzuka S/S Brake Lines, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit
Thassodar

Re: [FS] 1992 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6, 5SPD ($1700 FIRM)

Post by Thassodar »

Would this, theoretically, be able to survive a trip to the Dallas, TX area from AZ? If so I may keep my eye on this...
Hey-yo chicken on a raft.
mrmike420
Supporting Member

Re: [FS] 1992 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6, 5SPD ($1700 FIRM)

Post by mrmike420 »

It's possible. I never drove it that far for or for that extensive period of time. I think if it had better tires and a tuneup, I wouldn't see why not. It never over-heated on me since I owned it and I'm sure the suspension would hold up. I'm just not too sure about the alternator and the wiring harness, on how much heat that would put in the engine bay for that length of driving.
~FUeGo~
92 MX-3 GS, 5spd, Black Metallic, Tokico ZX2 Struts, Eibach Springs, Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's, K&N A/F, Suzuka S/S Brake Lines, KGS Dual Tip Muffler, Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”