new Civic Si is scary good

Off-Topic Discussions
mikeetown
antispam: No

new Civic Si is scary good

Post by mikeetown »

So, today i drive a 2010 civic SI. It was the stock 2 door SI. I have driven a few cars myself ( I love mx3 haha). It is one hell of a car! I cant see a 200hp mx-3 beating an SI in any way unless the SI driver is s---. The brakes are just amazing, giving it the overwhelming advantage. If and mx-3 could have twin piston brakes and bigger rears, i could see s hevaily modded 200hp mx-3 being competitive. Civic SI is crazy.

The comparison i did is based on a windy road called westside road in kelowna B.C.. I kept up to the owner in my mx-3, as long as there wasnt a straightaway. Then, caught up because of all the experience i have driving a competeley analog car. However, If someone raced me in an SI, they would be f*^%* toast lol. Anyone ever driven on ehere yet

MX-3 for life though 8)
mikeetown
93 Black GS - J-spec KLDE, CLEAN CAR
92 Red GS - J-spec K8ZE, stripped interior - Written off
2004 Infinity G35 Track Edition - 6 speed manual
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=79142
Nd4SpdSe

Re: new Civic Si is scary good

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

The SI is only does the 1/4 mile in 15.2 - 15.4 seconds. A ZE/DE Mx-3 should beat it unless the Mx-3 driver is s--t.

I drove a few, love it, really made me miss my Mx-3 a the time. Was a clean job too with lowring springs, black rims wih red lip, black car with CF hood and exhaust. I missed the sound of an exhaust and the fun of a small light car. Could of maybe considered one if I was back in the market for a FWD car, but i'd perfer to go with a Speed3, THAT is a fun car.

Just read a quick review and that the '10 SI couldn't even brake like the old Integra Type-R did. Older cars are lighter, and braking is all about stopping inertia. All the Mx-3 needs is good pads and rotors, I loved how mine broke.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ditto. Test drove one and doesn't compare to my ze when it was non turbo. I think the mx3s have us spoiled. To much bang for the buck.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

mikee have you driven a ZE? :roll: I eat Civic SI's for lunch and that's with 180k on my ze :freak:
john1983

Post by john1983 »

hell ive ate a couple si and i only have a stock k8 granted it very well could of been experience, power to weight or whatever
92 MX-3 6cyl dohc 24 valve K8 cold air filter custom exhaust drift body kit carbon fiber hood 17" focal rims Kenwood KDC-MP635 headunit Pioneer 6.5" componet door speakers and 4" rear speakers 500 watt boss amp powering 12" sony explod
My Work Logviewtopic.php?f=46&t=76603
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

pffft. Civics are lunch.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

with 197hp/139tq @ 2954 lbs it's no match to klze mx-3
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

john1983 wrote:hell ive ate a couple si and i only have a stock k8 granted it very well could of been experience, power to weight or whatever
I could see this, especially how Honda drivers in my city are... Besides, they think putting an si sticker on it makes it an si. So by their own logic, the slowest MX-3 rapes the typical "si"
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

The Civic SI feels good. I'll give it that. The car feels like it takes off at 6000 RPM up to 8000 RPM, and you're rapidly changing gears with the 6 speed transmission. It's a fun car.

BUT...

Honda's don't have torque.
Cody
john1983

Post by john1983 »

well didnt you know the more stickers you have the faster your car goes :lol:
92 MX-3 6cyl dohc 24 valve K8 cold air filter custom exhaust drift body kit carbon fiber hood 17" focal rims Kenwood KDC-MP635 headunit Pioneer 6.5" componet door speakers and 4" rear speakers 500 watt boss amp powering 12" sony explod
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

tehbrookzorz wrote:The Civic SI feels good. I'll give it that. The car feels like it takes off at 6000 RPM up to 8000 RPM, and you're rapidly changing gears with the 6 speed transmission. It's a fun car.

BUT...

Honda's don't have torque.
Exactly, that's why for my lawn equipment I chose Troy Bilt w/Briggs & Stratton engine lol
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

The SI's are a really nice car, those who don't think so are biased or unexperienced with cars. They have good power and a awesome motor.

No torque? They don't make b16s anymore guys, the new k series are way better with tq and hp more evenly matched.

I've raced a SI or two and it was a close race but I edge em out, lost to one with many bolt ones tho, they respond well to mods... Especially kpro and cams.. I got respect for the car.
john1983

Post by john1983 »

i can agree with solo to some points but i myself dont like the new body style honestly of all honda it would have to be the crx i prefer but hey thats my oppinion
Mi|<E

Post by Mi|<E »

For not much more than they want for an SI you can grab a WRX or lancer
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

solo_ryder wrote:I've raced a SI or two and it was a close race but I edge em out, lost to one with many bolt ones tho, they respond well to mods... Especially kpro and cams..
Indeed, unlike our motors, thoese new fancy motors are all electronically limited for power. Plenty to unlock with the right tools.

It's all about there tou sit. A young kid (that the car is marketted for) buying a C$26'0000 SI will barely be able to afford it (plus insurance), never mind paying for cams or $1500 for K-Pro. It's all about getting your money's worth, but if you've got the spare cash, the newer cars have better technology and more potential.

Can't comment on torque, I drive a rotary now, lol, but the truck has it.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Off-Topic”