Kelowna July 16th 2011

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Kelowna July 16th 2011

Post by Dali »

It's that time again to start planning for Kelowna and I'm sick of the cold. So far there is nothing planned for July 16th weekend in Kelowna but I am sure the swim and car show will be the same weekend but that never caused any issues. We never did decide what day specifically but we have been doing the same weekend for the last bunch of years now so why change. This should be enough notice for everyone to book the time off and save some cash. I just want to get a date set and have everyone show up again without having some of you not show due to a wedding or any other commitment's. So it's up to you guy's to post up a date you would like to shoot for or if there is not a weekend that will not work. The sooner the better....then we can all book our time off. As well once the date is set it won't change unless there is some big conflict where most of the member's cannot make it.
As well for food it was somewhat discussed that this year everyone will pretty much fend for themselves, there is always enough stoves and bbq's for people to use. If everyone helps chip in for the use of gas on the cooking stoves they use and boat gas for those who use it. Tyler will be bringing the boat down again so that will be covered.
If everyone can try to make it this year that would be pretty good, camping, hotel or even showing up for a couple of days would be appreciated. Bring your mx-3, stock, modified or even beat to hell, bring it along if possible.
So we will need to know what days people are coming, as well if people want to camp with each other and share a site. This will need to be figures out asap. If there is anything you guy's want to do specifically post up, go-karts, movie, minigolf etc. Chuck some idea's out there. Will be looking forward to see everyone. In the meantime as well Josh was trying to get some mini meets on the go as well so if anyone has plans or just wants to go for a cruise post that up as well. So post up names/dates and who is sharing sites. If people can add their names/username and location on the mxwest list I can update that as well so it will be easier to send out pm's or emails. Thanks, Monte.
Update
Kelowna meet will be on Saturday July 16th. Bookings will be around that for bear creek again.
1993 White gs klze.
tehbrookzorz

Re: Kelowna July 16th 2011

Post by tehbrookzorz »

If I can get my car up and running, I'd like to come out. Of course, my car might be an outcast...
Cody
newdriver92
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by newdriver92 »

im up for it especially since im new to the site or somewhat new lol and since my ma lives in kalowna
worklog viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77147
other pics of the adventures me and the car have been on http://s1082.photobucket.com/home/newdriver92/index
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Sounds like a good date to me.

Jacki and Jesse had plans to go out to Vancouver in July and they were the only people that have mentioned a possible date.

So, for dates, how does everyone feel about a July 16th meet, and we could camp/hotel/sleep in your car/visit (if you're a local) for the following week? I give no guarantees that the weather will be good as it doesn't fall on my birthday.

As for myself, I would probably want to leave Calgary a few days earlier (13th or 14th).

The Calgary Stampede is from the 8th-17th this year in case you want to plan around that.

The deal with food was that once we confirmed number of people coming and the length of stay, every couple/campsite/family would be responsible for providing the dinner for everyone for one day. Breakfast and lunches would probably be done individually unless we decide on something else. This is the most fair way to do it and that way Jacki isn't responsible for a family of 18 all week long. :)

I will purchase some extra frizbees. Apparently they hate me.
rece

Post by rece »

hey all, the J-Team is in for the 16th on. The actual days TBD. Steve said he is in also.
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
newdriver92

Post by newdriver92 »

i'm trying to get a couple ppl here in Edmonton to come
other pics of the adventures me and the car have been on http://s1082.photobucket.com/home/newdriver92/index
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

im game for the 16th. mx will be running by then fo sho...
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Josh wrote:im game for the 16th. mx will be running by then fo sho...
we'll remember that! :)
newdriver92

Post by newdriver92 »

Image she and i can't wait for this meet :love:
crazycanadian

Post by crazycanadian »

Family friendly event?? I have a son who will be 4 by then... I only get him on weekends so he'd be coming with me if possible... also I don't have an mx3... its a 323 in form but mx3/6 in heart.... lol..
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

lol, kids are ok. there are a few of them kicking around allready. The 323 will be fine as well, I might end up driving mine since I have not been able to get one rebuild since my mx3 was written off. There might even be my friend driving one as well since his presso is getting worked on.
1993 White gs klze.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Dude, I think a 323 would be more welcome than my Celica, and nobody has said anything about me being banned.. Yet.. :shrug:
Cody
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

Well it looks like everyone has settled on camping July 15-22 and have the mx3 meet on Saturday July 16. This works better for almost everyone. Now people just need to decide on what days you are camping for and who is sharing sites.
1993 White gs klze.
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

Copy and paste for days camping and who is sharing a site.
Tyler & Bobby, sharing site with Monte. In friday july 15- leaving friday 22
1993 White gs klze.
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Tyler & Bobby, sharing site with Monte. In friday july 15- leaving friday 22
Darcy & guest, sharing ?? In Friday the 15th, out Thursday the 21st (tentatively)

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”