Centre Console Lid Bracket

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
ethand
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Centre Console Lid Bracket

Post by ethand »

Hi guys,
My centre console lid thingie is missing its bracket that holds it in place (from when I bought it). I couldnt find anything on this topic in the search, so thought I'd see if anyone knows what it looks like & where I might get one. Does anyone know if its the same as any other cars, maybe mazda/fords from the same time?
I have a '92 JDM Eunos Presso, if that changes anything...
This is the compartment I'm talking about:

And this is where the bracket thingie bolts in:

Thanks in advance for your help!!
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
h3xt0r

Re: Centre Console Lid Bracket

Post by h3xt0r »

I haven't been able to find it yet. Been looking for a little while and I am giving up. Do what I am going to do...use magnets! Otherwise, if you're hard set on getting that little connector, post it up in the Items for Sale/Trade forums and see if you get any bites there.
-H3xT0r
kateCapshaw wrote:The moment somebody says to me, "This is very risky," is the moment it becomes attractive to me.
ethand

Post by ethand »

oh ya... I don't know why I posted it here instead of the WTB section!! I guess I was hoping to get someone say 'oh yeah, you can find a near-identical one from ....hardware stores called....' but that never happened haha :(
Also its good to know that I'm not the only one with a problem with it!
h3xt0r

Post by h3xt0r »

Yea, mine busted the first week I had the car. Haha! Nothing some superglue and a curiously strong magnet cant fix! ;)
-H3xT0r
kateCapshaw wrote:The moment somebody says to me, "This is very risky," is the moment it becomes attractive to me.
ethand

Post by ethand »

haha sweet... mine came with this missing! I didnt think to check for things like this when I test-drove it haha...
so are the magnets strong enough to support it with drinks in the drink holders, or not??
h3xt0r

Post by h3xt0r »

ethand wrote:haha sweet... mine came with this missing! I didnt think to check for things like this when I test-drove it haha...
so are the magnets strong enough to support it with drinks in the drink holders, or not??
http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BC42" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
With two of these, you should have 8-10Lbs of pull force combined. So put two on either side. and you should have enough combined pull force to hold some drinks. :-P
-H3xT0r
ethand

Post by ethand »

awesome. thanks mate :D
i'll look into that this weekend :)
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

if it's any comfort to you, the latch isn't so hot anyway. i've had it pop up and my drinks take a dump on the backseat. i never use the lid to hold my drinks. actually, the front ones in the deck itself aren't that great either. :?
ethand

Post by ethand »

haha ok, good to know haha
Mine doesnt have them in the actual dash bit - jap-spec pressos have a different dash to the US models... :(

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”