My Replacement For My Mx-3!

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Nd4SpdSe

My Replacement For My Mx-3!

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Well for those that know that I of course retired and parted out my Mx-3 a while back, before that I had picked up my 2003 Supercharged Xterra a few years ago.

The truck was never meant to replace the mx-3, but more like help me work on it and haul it around. Well that unfortunately never happen. I always intended to get another car. It's more of a NEED rather than a want, the truck just doesn't fill the void the mx-3 left. I love the truck, it's very handy and extremely functional, but it's fun factor is limited to only select situations. After A long search and even longer wait, I've finally found what I was looking for.

2004 Mazda Rx-8 GT, loaded. Only 48'000kms on it, never winter driven and owned by a Mazda Tech. He's actually a co-worder of one of the guys in the local Nisan Truck Club that I'm in. This thing is every MINT. Never mind not having any rust, I can probably count all the stone chips on the front with one hand! The motor runs so smooth. It even came with some spare parts like several center console pieces and an extra set new of pads and rotors that he kept from a customers car that had a new set but wanted some crossdrilled rotors and performance pads. The only thing it needs is a new set of tires in spring. With how great the car is shape wise, I'm surprised he was actually able to wear out the tires!

1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Dark_Rider2k3

Re: My Replacement For My Mx-3!

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

what didja pay for the RX-8?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Win
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Dark_Rider2k3 wrote:what didja pay for the RX-8?
C$14'000
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Ok, first, I'm gonna try to forget you even suggested a Nissan can be a replacement for an MX-3. :twisted: :lol:

Seriously though, that 8 looks gorgeous. Congratulations! :D
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Whats with all the members picking up 8's?

I mean, I'm jealous, not upset or anything....

I love those wheels out of the choices in that gen...

Excellent car :)
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Oh man this was so predictable. Ok, it's a nice looking car but what about that flooding issue if you do a start / stop under cold conditions? And what about the chick magnet thing, for all you know this car could signal the end of 'Single Mike'. Scary man, real scary. :D
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Man, the Rx-8 is such an awesome feeling car. Itself stock feels so close to what my Mx-3 felt modified; handling, response and top end pull (minus the low end torque), with the exeption of the turning, it's damn nice to have a car that rotates around a corner and doesn't push through it, so I feel it handles much better than the mx-3 did. The only car that truely felt like my mx-3 was the Speed3 with the MazdaSpeed suspension.

Actually the car has all the upgraded to reduce the chances of flooding thanks to it's previous owner, but there's a chance it still may happen. The big thing is to let it get to temp before turning it off, and it does get up to temp quick. Besides, it's never getting winter driven.

Bah, the Mx-3 was suppose to be a chick car and that never helped me one bit...there's no aids out there that exist that would make me a "chick magnet". However, I haven't been single since July and so far so good.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Sweet ride :D
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

If I was you I'd do suspension mods and end it there. The 8 is great handling but the motor doesnt have much potential, and its not worth the risk to mod it for little gain. They do really good in their class with a nice suspension setup and some sticky tires.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

hey welcome to the 8 team :D i'll keep an eye out for you on rx8club.

as long as your coils are in decent shaping, the whole flooding thing is a non issue. with the LS1 coils i highly doubt you'll ever see it. even on stock coils i would move my car across the street for street cleaning and shut off, in the middle of winter. running time of like 45 seconds. never had a problem with it.

nothing wrong with building it up either, just need a good tune like any other car. it's not exactly rare to see a turboed 8. even with a conservative tune you'll be pushing 300HP.
DeadMaker
antispam: No

Post by DeadMaker »

Rx8 is a good reliable car(no problem with engine km) with great handling but as far as beauty design nothing special..
For me the front view of the car sucks..You look at it and you don't know what exactly japans had in mind to design.Only the back has a good design.
If i had the money i would definitely go for RX7..
A piece of love
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
Inodoro Pereyra

DeadMaker wrote:Rx8 is a good reliable car(no problem with engine km) with great handling but as far as beauty design nothing special..
I disagree. I think a lot of people got so in love with the RX-7, that they automatically dismiss the RX-8, and would do the same with any other sport rotary from Mazda, from now on.
My only beef with the RX-8 is the rear half doors. Sure, I understand the practicality of them, over a coupe formula, but I still don't like them. Other than that, I think the car is gorgeous. From any angle.

Diogenes of Sinope.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Inodoro Pereyra wrote:
DeadMaker wrote:I disagree. I think a lot of people got so in love with the RX-7, that they automatically dismiss the RX-8, and would do the same with any other sport rotary from Mazda, from now on.
I think you hit that one on the head perfectly. Unless Mazda comes out with a TRUE next gen Rx-7 or a rotary car that supercedes the FD Rx-7, they'll put it down.
Last edited by Nd4SpdSe on October 12th, 2010, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inodoro Pereyra

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Inodoro Pereyra wrote:I disagree. I think a lot of people got so in love with the RX-7, that they automatically dismiss the RX-8, and would do the same with any other sport rotary from Mazda, from now on.
I think you hit that one on the head perfectly. Unless Mazda comes out with a TRUE next gen Rx-7 or a rotary car that supercedes the FD Rx-7, they'll put it down.
Exactly. The RX-7 was a beautiful car, but it's GONE. Time to move on.
And being how Mazda has a tradition of moving forward, not like American manufacturers copying their '60s and '70s models, I don't think there's gonna be a new RX-7.

But then again, we're in a place where people are still in love with the '32 Ford Roadster and the '56 Chevy Pick Up, so I don't think I will be holding my breath on this one...

Diogenes of Sinope.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”