Vacuum Chamber under Intake Manifold K8

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
h3xt0r

Vacuum Chamber under Intake Manifold K8

Post by h3xt0r »

Hey guys,

What's the little black vacuum chamber underneath the intake manifold on the rear of the engine called? I did a search couldn't find anything that seemed to relate save one post. Which just called it a vacuum chamber but I want to make sure thats the name. Bonus points if anyone can tell me what that is used for. Triple points to whoever can tell me where to pick one up (if anyone has one that they can sell me.). I will post a picture of the little bugger later when i get home.

Reason I need the little turd is due to the fact that I broke the nipple off of it trying to disconnect it. Old plastic is OLD! I will also post up some pictures of my work on my log later. ;)
-H3xT0r
kateCapshaw wrote:The moment somebody says to me, "This is very risky," is the moment it becomes attractive to me.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Vacuum Chamber under Intake Manifold K8

Post by Ryan »

they are just called vacuum chambers. They are held in vacuum by a green/tan one way check valve located under the manifold just in front of cyl 1. (lets air only OUT)

Their purpose:

VRIS, and a few other systems, operate using vacuum. At WOT, there is not enough vacuum to operate the VRIS solenoids, so when you're WOT'n it, the vacuum held in the chambers is used to operate the VRIS valves.

Diagram: http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... F2-007.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have an old K8 manifold I could pop them off and throw in a box for ya.

Triple points, cha ching! :D
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
h3xt0r

Re: Vacuum Chamber under Intake Manifold K8

Post by h3xt0r »

Go go Ryan!

Yea it would be awesmoe if you could send one my way. I'll pm you info. Thanks!
-H3xT0r
kateCapshaw wrote:The moment somebody says to me, "This is very risky," is the moment it becomes attractive to me.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”