H3xT0r's 93 MX3 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
h3xt0r

H3xT0r's 93 MX3 GS

Post by h3xt0r »

So I've finally broke down. I was going to get rid of my MX-3 because the damnable thing is trashed to hell and back! However... I simply couldn't get rid of him. It was like every time I thought about it I saw puppy eyes and a big sign saying "NOOOO!" in my head. So... Im selling my truck to make this pos into a Bad boy!

What am going to do is....

The Car Job:
1.8L to 2.5L KL-DE (The reason for this particular model is because I hear turbo's play nice with it.)
Lots of Body Work. Skirts and bumper change.
Lots of Interior work. New seats and floor mats. Along with some...Personal modding.
Paint job.
Etc. (more to list later.)

The Engine Job:
Full rebuild, clean the engine replace Cams, lifters, valves and seats, etc. all with performance parts.
Force Cold Air Intake
Water Methanol kit(maybe? Anyone know if this might be a bit overkill?)
etc.

I'll post pics of the car tomorrow. And I can guarantee someone will cry at what this car looks like at the moment. I've looked alot into the engine swaps for this car and it looks simple enough. Im looking at an engine from a 626 right now with a KL52 ECU and I believe a KL-02VAF which should work just fine if I read right. If anyone has got any useful tips for the swap that'll help out a BUTT load. So if all goes according to plan I should be rid of the truck by the end of the month and be pouring WAY to much money into the MX-3.
Last edited by h3xt0r on July 16th, 2010, 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
-H3xT0r
kateCapshaw wrote:The moment somebody says to me, "This is very risky," is the moment it becomes attractive to me.
Demonicdst

Re: H3xT0r's 94 MX3 GS

Post by Demonicdst »

sounds promising cant wait to see pics
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2971181" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
h3xt0r

Re: H3xT0r's 94 MX3 GS

Post by h3xt0r »

Demonicdst wrote:sounds promising cant wait to see pics
Oh I am sure you can...

As promised the pics of the car before anything else is done. Let me fill you in on why it is in such a horrid condition.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

So how did it get this way you ask? What the hell caused such carnage on such a poor and seemingly peaceful motor vehicle? Well on New Years Eve some !@#$er decided he wanted my twin 10' subs, JBL comp subs and twin 1000watt amps along with my Kenwood deck and just about anything else he could rip out of my car... Anyway...

The dirty $@%#ing @#%! sucking @$#%@(*&@*(#&$*(&@*()#$*(& than, from what I can tell broke out my rear window and attempted to remove the subs that way... Which failed miserably because the sub enclosure was lager than the rear window. After that failure he came to the conclusion that if he had....Ohh I don't know just... broke the driver side window and open the hatch it would be alot easier.... So he did. In total they managed to lift about 2,000 dollars worth of goods out of my car. Which, at the time didnt bug me at all seeing as how I had insurance that covered everything... Or so I thought.

I had double coverage. One the car itself it included theft, or did I should say. My mother, whom at the time was covering my insurance because it only cost her an extra 30bucks to have my car under hers did. What she never informed me of was that she had dropped theft coverage due to the fact where she is living its beyond rare to have your car broken into. (I mean, we're talking about a place where you leave your keys in the ignition when you go to the store and don't even break a sweat.) So I didn't have that coverage anymore. Okay, but my home owners insurance should cover it because it was all lifted on my property and my car is covered under the ToS. Surprise! It wont cover it because it was attached to my car... A few wires attaching the amps to the rest of the vehicle count as being physically $@#%ing attached. So I was boned!

So now you know how it all happened and since then I have just left it sitting to remind me of how pissed I am about the whole ordeal. I've finally gotten over it and I am now getting ready to get down and dirty to fix'er up!

ImageImageImage

I just got done cleaning her out getting ready to dirty it back up when I remove the seats to replace them. Also planning on removing the carpet and removing insulation on the bottom (seeing as how I wont need it in Cali and that can drop 10 or so lb's of weight. Talking with a guy whos got a KL-DE sitting around gonna see about picking that up and finding a place to store the car while it gets worked on.
-H3xT0r
kateCapshaw wrote:The moment somebody says to me, "This is very risky," is the moment it becomes attractive to me.
Sisko182
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: H3xT0r's 93 MX3 GS

Post by Sisko182 »

The whole situation with all of your goods being stolen just sounds horrible. I can understand how pissed you must have been. Sounds like a terrible scenario. I've never understood people like that; so desperate to make money in such a dishonest way.
$i$Ko

Ride:
1992 Midnight Purple MX-3
Worklog:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75646

Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=76781
h3xt0r

Post by h3xt0r »

Yea, its really frustrating. Unbelievably so. And I aswell cannot understand the mentality behind it, the worst part is that im pretty sure I know who did it but lack the proof. (Some people down the street have a crack house and I am fairly sure it was one of their hoodlooms!). I think one of my mods on this car will be installing some of these and hook them up to the alarm... MUIAHAHAHA!
http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/directed514n.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On another note, found a buyer for the truck so waiting on that sale before I start up on this project. I have a short somewhere in the car causing the battery to drain like no ones business so I am going to go hunting for that sometime this week and figure out where it is coming from.
-H3xT0r
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Sorry to hear this man.

This is exactly the reason why I want to install a couple camera's in my car to record the front/back. Two hidden cameras that rewrite every week or so should do the trick to help identify pieces of feces that do this stuff.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Man. Sorry to read that. If I ever got the urge to put subs in my car, they will be well hidden.
It doesn't compute, though.
I wouldn't say that a neighborhood with a crackhouse in it it very safe. In fact, I wouldn't say any neighborhood that isn't gated, and patroled is safe. Thieves don't just look around their own crapvilles.
I'm glad to read that you're restoring it!
I would love to have an alarm that turned the car into a taser.
I have an extra GS hatch that I'll sell you for cheap.
I hope you have better luck, and make it nice!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
h3xt0r

Post by h3xt0r »

I actually might be down for getting that hatch from you. I actually do live in a gated community that is patrolled. Further down the block there is one problem house and thats the crackhouse. Everyone else on the block is either really nice or keeps to them selves, both of which I enjoy. :-P
-H3xT0r
Maliceday
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Maliceday »

I've been in that position before. Had my subs and amp jacked after they pried at my trunk and tore out my back seats. (No trunk release cable) So I know where your coming from and the dismay that it causes. I never did instal an alarm thought. Instead, I took it more into a personal matter. I made a stop at the store and picked up a pack of double sided shaving razors, and on my next sub box, I broke the razors in half and glued them to the box under the carpet with just a fraction of the edge sitting out. I did that all the way around the top and bottom of the box.
Unfortunantly, no one attempted the theft again so I couldn't really go visit them in the ER as they had their hands, arms, and depending how far they got, chest stitched back together.

Only problem with this is removing the sub box yourself. Just gotta be really carfull doing so.
Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD. You know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences...
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

fowljesse wrote: I would love to have an alarm that turned the car into a taser.

That's actually been done already, in France, if I'm not mistaken. Some taxi drivers, to protect themselves from the ever increasing wave of robberies, started installing a system , which delivered 52000 V to the back seat.
The good news is that a homemade version of the system is fairly easy to build (just a little clue: a TV fly back transformer delivers between 24000 and 35000 V).
The (maybe) bad news is that using such a device may be against the law... :shrug:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
h3xt0r

Post by h3xt0r »

I had a friend who served a year in the brig for rigging his car handles up as tasers. While he was over seas someone kept trying to play with his car so when he got back rigged it up and three days after deployment they found some kid KO'd next to his car. xD This was a long time ago so I don't know what laws are in place around this... However, I did find a better solution.

So tasers are dirty, laws and what not aside, if you pump someone whos got a bad heart or a pacemaker with 200,000eV's you're going to probably kill them (Keep in mind that your average taser puts out a whooping 300-400k Volts) So thats no good, we don't want to kill them we want to catch them.

So what I plan on doing is purchasing several 3" tweeter looking speakers...That pump out a mind numbing 115db's of sound.

Code: Select all

Keep this in mind!
Average conversation: 20-40db @ .002Pa
Average car         : 60-80db @ .2Pa
Jet Engine at 100m  : 110-150db @ 632Pa
Hearing Damage      : 120db @ 20Pa
Threshold for Pain  : 140db @ 64Pa
Assualt Rifle       : 170db @ 5,000Pa
StunGrenade     :190db @ 6,000-20,000Pa
With the speaker's configured like so:
With one on each side. One under the front column one on the rear column and one on either side of the trunk area with two in the engine compartment.

The sound level in the cabin will only be around a 140db, but the sound pressure within the cabin will be closer to 4,000Pa's. Enough to knock someone out and potentially cause brain damage with prolong exposer. So to fix this little problem I planning on doing two things. First being slowly escalating the power to the speakers, and thus the pressure till it reaches full capacity which will be around 15seconds. And two putting a disclaimer on the back of my car. :-P
-H3xT0r
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

haha thats awesome. if i were you i put a 3-5 second delay so they get nice and comfy inside the cabin before the mind-numbing siren.

are you from the states? aren't you yanks legally allowed to shoot someone if they enter your property unwanted? why not rig up some kind of shotgun for when they sit on the seat or something lol.

p.s. your neighbors are going to hate you if that alarm goes off in the middle of the night.
h3xt0r

Post by h3xt0r »

mikeinaus wrote:haha thats awesome. if i were you i put a 3-5 second delay so they get nice and comfy inside the cabin before the mind-numbing siren.

are you from the states? aren't you yanks legally allowed to shoot someone if they enter your property unwanted? why not rig up some kind of shotgun for when they sit on the seat or something lol.

p.s. your neighbors are going to hate you if that alarm goes off in the middle of the night.
Some states yes, California...NO!

California doesn't recognize any self defense laws to my knowledge unless you have NO alternatives. Such as burglar breaks into your house. You hide in bathroom. If you can get out window you have to go out the window. However, if you cant. You can fill that fucker up and maybe get away with manslaughter with a @#$!ing fine.

Besides what happens when I sit in and forget to turn off the alarm? Whoops. :-P And I was thinking of a 5-10sec delay incase I have to break into my own car because I left the keys in there. xD
-H3xT0r
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

i say 5-10sec then full power. tie a spare key with some tie wire under the frame somewhere hidden, thats what i do.
h3xt0r

Post by h3xt0r »

mikeinaus wrote:i say 5-10sec then full power. tie a spare key with some tie wire under the frame somewhere hidden, thats what i do.
Im more worried about having my car alarm hand unit dying on me than being totally screwed when i try to get the spare batteries I leave in the door. :-P
-H3xT0r

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”