Valve stem height for klze

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jordanmaschi17
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Valve stem height for klze

Post by jordanmaschi17 »

hey i am in desperate need of the valve stem height for my klze. i sent my klze to get machined and they couldnt put it back together without the stem height. i could not find it anywhere, i hope someone can help me out and find the specs i need to get it back together.
please help me
wytbishop

Re: Valve stem height for klze

Post by wytbishop »

On pg 75, number 8, the valve guide protrusion is shown.

http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... B2-075.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ON pg 77, number 7, the valve stem protrusion is shown.

http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... B2-077.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I compared it to the MX-6 KLDE manual and the dimensions are the same so I think it's safe to say that they will be the same for all K engines.

In a nutshell, if the valve stem sticks up 41.5 to 42mm it's perfect. from 42.1 to 43.0mm you can use a washer under the spring so that the height is 41.5 to 42mm. If it's more than 43mm the head is toast because the spring seat is too hammered out.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
klze1963

Post by klze1963 »

hi... I'm working with jordan and we were told the valve stem height is different in the klze. I guess its shorter. I've talked to the machine shop today and the manual you provided was great but it was for the klde engine. Is there anyway to find out what the klze specs are??? your help is very much appreciaed.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

A mazda dealer can order one but it will be in Japanese...and take several months to arrive.

The DE and ZE valves are interchangeable. Lots of guys on Probetalk have interchanged them. People buy Interprep valves and have installed them on both DE and ZE heads. I would wager that every component in the DE and ZE engine has probably been interchanged at one time or another by someone here or on PT.

But in the end you have to make the call. Contact Interprep. If anyone would have concrete information it would be them.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
jordanmaschi17

Post by jordanmaschi17 »

what about the heads on the klze and klde are they the same?
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Lots of people put DE heads on their ZE and vice versa. And lots of people have used DE valves in ZE heads and vice versa.

I'm sure that someone can confirm all this from personal experience, but I'm pretty sure you're quite safe using the DE dimensions.

Like I said call Interprep. One of their engineers will know exactly the answer to this question.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
jordanmaschi17

Post by jordanmaschi17 »

thanks you have been help ill tal to the machine shop this week.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”