B&G Springs Question

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
eydi
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

B&G Springs Question

Post by eydi »

Hello there, first I would like to say that this site alot of help and alot of knowledgeable people. See I am a new owner of an mx-3 gs and I would like to lower my car. I have been reading alot already and have used the search function and have found some inconsistencies about the B&G springs.

I have seen colin's car from the pictures and I like how the drop was done and I know he had B&G's. Then I stumble at this other post that the guy has B&G's too and it DID NOT look anything like colin's car (drop has still alot of wheel gap).
This was the topic. I believe the guy's name is TooGreezy
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=68167&p=493716&hil ... in#p493716" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I want to know if any of the B&G's that you guys have used gave you problems like the issue I posted. Can you also please post pictures of the B&G setup? Thank you very much!
solo_ryder

Re: B&G Springs Question

Post by solo_ryder »

A friend of mine had b and g and it lowered alright, but I have seen others where it didn't lower. Why not go with another spring that causes no issues like h and r or eibach? Why risk it
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

I have B&G springs with KYB struts, exact same combo Colin was using. If I had 215/45s on it would probably look just like his, but that's too big of a tire for my liking.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
eydi

Post by eydi »

because i saw colin's drop and fell in love with the stance. I believe that is the lowest I have seen an mx3 (besides yours ofcourse lol). And if I pick the GC's, I just dont see myself shelling out another couple of hundred just for the drop. I just don't like see the wheel gaps and from what I saw here in the forum, the B&G's are the ones that just eliminate the wheel gap. Here are my observations so far from the forums.

1. B&G eliminates wheel gap totally but have the tendency to not drop at all in some cases.
2. H&R drops the fronts beautifully but leaves the rear higher
3. Drop Zones is a no no
4. Intrax is not as low as the B&G's
5. Eibach is same as intrax, not low enough
6. Ground Control beautiful drop but I heard the comfort is out the window
7. Ksport or D2 too expensive.

are my observations right?
_-Night-Shade-_

eydi wrote:because i saw colin's drop and fell in love with the stance. I believe that is the lowest I have seen an mx3 (besides yours ofcourse lol).
Colin's MX-3 wasn't crazy low. It gives that illusion because he has over-sized tires which minimize fender gap and a full body kit so it looks lower to the ground.
eydi

Post by eydi »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:I have B&G springs with KYB struts, exact same combo Colin was using. If I had 215/45s on it would probably look just like his, but that's too big of a tire for my liking.
do you have a side picture of your ride? I looked at your worklog and the only one I saw was when it was in the tow bed and the one in the muffler shop unless I missed it. Thanks
eydi

Post by eydi »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:
eydi wrote:because i saw colin's drop and fell in love with the stance. I believe that is the lowest I have seen an mx3 (besides yours ofcourse lol).
Colin's MX-3 wasn't crazy low. It gives that illusion because he has over-sized tires which minimize fender gap and a full body kit so it looks lower to the ground.
maybe it was the wheels then, because the reason I liked it so much was not just because the wheel gap was gone but it has the illusion of looking like the wheels are tucked in the fenders
_-Night-Shade-_

There are lots of pics in my worklog, the first page has some good ones. It's not crazy low, you can't really drop MX-3s that low unless you have coilovers.
eydi

Post by eydi »

i guess i will just look at the pictures when i get home from work because my work has blocked photobucket and your image is not showing with only the exception of the last couple of pages.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

eydi wrote:And if I pick the GC's, I just dont see myself shelling out another couple of hundred just for the drop.
If you value your spine, you do not want want GC's
eydi wrote: 2. H&R drops the fronts beautifully but leaves the rear higher
No that much higher, it is not that noticeable.
eydi wrote:3. Drop Zones is a no no
Actually drop zone lowering springs are quite good. Most all springs are made by a big commercial company and rebadged. The sleeves are what you want to stay away from.
eydi wrote:6. Ground Control beautiful drop but I heard the comfort is out the window
True. Looks over comfort in my case..
eydi

Post by eydi »

eydi wrote:3. Drop Zones is a no no
solo_ryder wrote:Actually drop zone lowering springs are quite good. Most all springs are made by a big commercial company and rebadged. The sleeves are what you want to stay away from.

I thought drop zones are bad. I did not even know that there are 2 kinds.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Yea the drop zone sleeves are crap as they are from like a CRX or something and they come way to low out of hte box and have the worst spring rates ever.

The springs are fine though, just like any other spring out there for less then half the price
eydi

Post by eydi »

solo_ryder wrote:Yea the drop zone sleeves are crap as they are from like a CRX or something and they come way to low out of hte box and have the worst spring rates ever.

The springs are fine though, just like any other spring out there for less then half the price
good to know.. do you by any chance know how low they would go from the top of your head? I did not do a search on them before because all I heard was horror stories about them. I did not know that there are 2 kinds. All I read here was to stay away lol. Thanks again for your help
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Well most lowering springs are 1.4-1.8 Drop, they all settle around 1.5-1.9". According to the eBay ad, they drop 1.8 and 1.8... So one of the lower springs you can buy. Not saying you should get them or anything, get what you want, but they are inexpensive...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-Dropzone-lowerin ... 022wt_1165

It's funny, the coil sleeves are a cheaper price then these lowering springs. That says something about them, they are crap just like others say.
eydi

Post by eydi »

Thank you good sir. If all else fails, then i would just go GC's. Im not worried about the stiffness for I have driven lowered vehicles. my celica gt, my avalanche and now this lol. just like what you said solo, LOOKS before COMFORT.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”