engine swap problem please help

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
evad79
antispam: No

engine swap problem please help

Post by evad79 »

hi iv just done an engine swap on my sisters eunos 30x (mx-3)took out the k8 1.8 and put in a kl i think 2.4 every thing went pritty smooth but it wont start there is no spark. help!!
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: engine swap problem please help

Post by PATDIESEL »

The KL and K8 distributors are the same. Try the one from the K8 and see if the one from the KL is bad. Did you change the computer too? If so try he K8 one. It will make the motor run a bit off, but should crank it.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
evad79

Post by evad79 »

thanks ill try the other dizzy . im still running the stock ecu and afm
evad79

Post by evad79 »

im also running k8 intake manafold throtle boby ect.
also a plug at the front of the engine maybe crank angle sensor plug on new engine has 3 wires and the car only has 2 ? the temp switch is differant so i changed them. this stuff may not make any differance let me know what you think . thanks
evad79

Post by evad79 »

i put the other dizzy on today and it started first go thanks mate.
it idels good but has a flat spot at low revs runs nice at high revs could anyone please help with this.
evad79

Post by evad79 »

A BIT MORE INFO

Mazda eunos (mx-3) engine swap

The 1.8 k8 engine broke a conrod and it smashed the crank so i ship in a 2.4 kl ford telstar engine with low k's cost $980 au all up.I left the gearbox in the car and lifted the engine out through the bonnet.i had to stuff around pulling broken bits out of the sump so that i could turn the engine over to losen the converter bolts (auto box).
Had to change the fly wheel because the new one was about 10mm to big. I used the old intake manafold because the trottel body was on a differant angle.I could only get
one bolt in the bracket that bolts the drive sharft to the block but there is room to drill an other hole in it.the pw steer pump/altanator/air con bolted up fine.I had to cut and weld the rear exsurst flange but you could probebley just use the rear manafold off of the old engine im using the stock commputer (ecu) air flow meter and wireing harnes from the
car (k8 1.8 stuff) any way got it all done and it wouldnt start i got on to mx-3 .com and a bloke told me to change over the distributor done that and it started first go it had a ticking sound in it for about 5 minutes and then came good except it has a flat spot when you just touch the excelorator pedal its fine at high revs.
evad79

Post by evad79 »

anyone ?????
Feivel

Post by Feivel »

Let me know when you figure it out :) i think im in the same boat as you. im trying to figure out if theres a common problem between injectors not firing and no spark. I also have a no start after a 92-94 ZE swap-in, the car was running before hand.(mind you lots of problems and codes but still running) now ive fixed everything and it just wont start
Feivel

Post by Feivel »

I just read that big post and realised you fixed your not start, what are you running a 2.4???? arent they 2.5 ze? anyways check your tp sensor, there usually pretty touchy, and for my problem i have 3 disty, 3 ECU, 3tp and 3 VAF all 1.8 and no0thing starts the car check the other post if you can help :) thanks
princecarspian

Post by princecarspian »

I have same problem . and search lot of the sites but still i have not get the answer if any one knoe the answer pleas tell me .

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”