Stock ze with megasquirt limits?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
hgallegos915

Stock ze with megasquirt limits?

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ok yes a n00b question..

A good running ze, boosted with megasquirt, and all the botl on goodies. whats the limit? What should I tune for? 14 lbs? 10 lbs?

This is again withmegasquirt and millenia injectors.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
hppwdn

Re: Stock ze with megasquirt limits?

Post by hppwdn »

With those injectors, I wouldn't go past 10psi. I'd recommend keeping it at 8 or below to give yourself a little safety net. 10psi on S injectors on a ZE is usually in the 90-95% duty cycle range making good power.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

hector, get some nissan injectors and modded rails. There quite a few rails floating around on probetalk since mbolin did the bulk buy.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Cool deal, Ill tune them fior 8 psi at first then go from there.

So the internals can handle 10 psi safely?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

depends on your definition of "safe"
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
andy

Post by andy »

I ran 10 psi on a DE with millenia inj. In order to do so you will have to adjust the fuel pressure to
70 to 80 psi to keep the duty cycle out of the red. This is not the best way to force more fuel into
the car, obviously bigger injectors would be. even at 8psi pf boost you will have to up the base fuel pressure to
something like 60 psi to keep everything ok.

that safe question is going to be different for every driver. if you're going to be boosting in 5th gear,
nothing seems to be safe.

Return to “Forced Induction”