I was reminded why I love the Mx3

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
edger0587
antispam: No

I was reminded why I love the Mx3

Post by edger0587 »

Ever since I bought the Miata, I've been a bit neglectful to the mx3. My father had been using it, and now that he found another car because he cannot manual anymore, it just sat there. Today, I gave it a coat of wax, and thought, despite the front end damage, that it was still one of the coolest and best looking cars ever. So I decided to drive it . It felt foreign inside, and much more roomy (bc i got used to the diminutive miata). the shifter was lower, the sterring wheel bigger, the pedals softer. It took me a couple of minutes to get back in my groove with the driving. It felt punchier than the red miata. But I gotta say, the sound of the engine and the power of the v6 and the handling made me realize that I was a bit foolish for even thinking of buying a different car. Aside from the automatic belts, I love everything about it. It is a freakin brilliant car.

I just thought I'd say that :)
Elegant Beige 1992 Mazda MX-3 GS. CAI, Short throw shifter, 16" miata rims
1992 Mazda miata. Classic red, stock everything
RIP 1994 Mazda mx-3 RS

"Cats make terrible doctors"
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: I was reminded why I love the Mx3

Post by mitmaks »

They sure are nice cars. I'd pick one over most cars built today
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
tripleMX-3chicMS
Supporting Member

Post by tripleMX-3chicMS »

iam SOOO on the same page. I thought i wanted a miata or a MX-6... i do not.... im so happy
in my 3's... i couldnt ask for a better car. I even love the automatic seat belts.
Everyone else gets all hungp in em when they get in or out of the car. But i love them.
I never have to remember to put one on, It's always on.
Im the perfect size for the placement of em and the car it's self fits me.
I was born to drive an MX-3.... It's paid for.... i don't owe anyone anything on them....
They don't break down much (hardly ever) they get EXLNT gas milage, insurance is cheap,
they can be made to look like what ever your style is (even if its zebra)
they drive good, they can last even with high miles, semi easy to work on...
i could go on and on.... but im sure someone else wants a shot at why they love the 3's.

*ok im done now* LOL!
92 GS automatic (WHITE w/ full on Zebra interior) My Morning DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) My Evening DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) Working On (pics soon)
93*4 GS SE's for parts ONLY*
Every day is a good day to be a girl.... hehehe
my feedback: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0"
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

you could always swap out for manual seat belts and get rid of the crappy auto ones.
1993 White gs klze.
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

I feel the same way...after a good wash my love returns and i wish i had more money to put into it...sadly i only drive it on the weekends now since my work-truck gets me during the week...Thats ok thou...she's my pepper now goin 6 yrs strong... :love: Sometimes i wish we could share a spaghetti :love2:
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

Agree with you all. I appreciate the car in a whole..

I also own a 3000GT VR-4, but it's funny.. Even with that 300 HP (it's around 360 now with the fact that I have a free flowing intake and mechanical boost controller set to 15 PSI), I love how nimble and small the MX is.. and with me getting ready to swap to the BP.. It'll have some nice power!

Plus I found a place nearby that does dyno's and a lot of other things... and they can work with the Megasquirt too so when I go stand-alone fuel management later on.. they can help :mrgreen: .

edit:

Also wanted to say that I also really appreciate how easy it is to work on our cars! That VR-4 is horrible to work on...
edger0587

Post by edger0587 »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way :D
Elegant Beige 1992 Mazda MX-3 GS. CAI, Short throw shifter, 16" miata rims
1992 Mazda miata. Classic red, stock everything
RIP 1994 Mazda mx-3 RS

"Cats make terrible doctors"
cout

Post by cout »

I *love* hatchbacks! I have two of them: an rx7 and an mx3.

Both are pretty speedy, with the KLZE the mx3 is probably faster in a straight line, but I'm yet to drive any car that feels as good to drive as my beat-up rx7 (this includes my friend's 911).

The acceleration on the mx3 makes me grin, but for me there's really no replacement for RWD and a wankel.
1993 MX3 KLDE (formerly KLZE) 5spd LeMons car
KLZE 24 Hours of Lemons worklog
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

cout wrote:I *love* hatchbacks! I have two of them: an rx7 and an mx3.

Both are pretty speedy, with the KLZE the mx3 is probably faster in a straight line, but I'm yet to drive any car that feels as good to drive as my beat-up rx7 (this includes my friend's 911).

The acceleration on the mx3 makes me grin, but for me there's really no replacement for RWD and a wankel.

Yes, klze turbo is a good replacement :D
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
atomic froster

Post by atomic froster »

ugh, my klze has been sitting in my moms cul-de-sac for a month now waiting for parts/chipped ecu back from probinator, so ive been driving my girlfriends 2000 civic hb. when i was over for easter dinner i hopped(no pun) into my mx to clean up the mess under the dash and i almost came from how comfy the seats felt and how nice the postions of the wheel and gear shift felt. such a joy to drive .
cout

Post by cout »

hgallegos915 wrote:Yes, klze turbo is a good replacement :D
Can you turbo a KLZE? I thought the compression was too high?
1993 MX3 KLDE (formerly KLZE) 5spd LeMons car
KLZE 24 Hours of Lemons worklog
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

For shizzle. There have been up to (IIRC) 400HP Turbo ZEs.

I sometimes feel a little uncomfortable with how much I enjoy driving my MX-3s. Usually it's about the wear, but I bought them to drive them! I love going around corners at 2X the speed limit (more, if I'm feeling frisky). There was a time that I went 90 on a 45mph on ramp... I can't wait for it to STOP RAINING!! It feels even more awesome beating cars that cost 5 times what I have into mine, or more at autocross! My Martini shaker, Flour tin, mesh garbage can, etc.. mods are holding up fine, as well as my wiring nightmare, and Bondo fiascos!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

I do miss mine............the dramatic video I made of her was only a few hours after she left......I miss owning one......for one (ME) being small....that car molded to me...and I could flip her around corners :) ... more fun than my Mazda 3 ............... 2011...will I have another..........if I find one rust free.....................SHE'S MINE!!!!!

AND

It will be a different colour than "red" .......... I think :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

also they don't rust out as fast as Mazda 3's..................sad eh

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”