[WTB] Rear ABS sensor

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
wytbishop

[WTB] Rear ABS sensor

Post by wytbishop »

So I was wondering if one of you Southern gents would be able to acquire a used ABS sensor for me. Up here in the land of snow and rust they are basially impossible to remove from the rear spindle without destroying and I damaged one when I was replacing my suspension last year. And they're just too expensive to buy new.

Thanks.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Muzzled

Re: [WTB] Rear ABS sensor

Post by Muzzled »

ummmmm take a pic of this piece you need..... i might be able to get it off the SE...... since my gs dont have abs :P i wont need em
92, Gs-Ze. KL31 motor/curve neck IM, Cai,Chipped ecu,awr mounts,clutchmasters stage 2 "R",
Se interior,Wrap around spoiler, oem full sides and MS front bumper :)
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... /P-077.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

a single bolt holds it in the back of the spindle. The harness goes into the cabin so the plastic in the cargo area has to be moved to get to the connector. If it's rusted into the spindle just see if you can carefully work it. Out without hammering on it. If you can get them out I'll take them both.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Off topic but I hate ABS. It takes control and your left with your foot bouncing off the brake pedal. So I want to ask, why do you care about ABS?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Daninski wrote:Off topic but I hate ABS. It takes control and your left with your foot bouncing off the brake pedal. So I want to ask, why do you care about ABS?
I'm gonna salvage the ABS system from my 92 GS but I don't think I'll end up installing it for that very reason.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Well I may remove it altogether at some point, but it worked quite well and I don't mind having it. The problem is that without all four wheel sensors the ABS pump is inactive and it seems to compromise the entire system's performance a little bit.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I remember one time one of my tires was on a patch of ice and my brakes weren't stopping me to the point I almost smashed into a steel loading ramp. I was only doing like 5mph but the system wouldn't engage as the one tire was locked on ice.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

On a side note, but still on topic :) - there are too many systems being designed in newer cars these days that perform a part of the driving experience to make your life easier, ABS being one of them. Come on, is this really necessary? Cars that parallel park for you? Blind spot sensors? This makes people lazier and worse drivers. We're heading into the direction where there will be no driving skill required at some point - just input a destination and the car gets your there itself, like in iRobot and Minority Report. Ugh, scary thoughts.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”