Removing tail light

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Removing tail light

Post by mitmaks »

So I need to replace/inspect bulb in tail light. Do I need to take off interior panel to get to screw that holds tail light on?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: Removing tail light

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Very simple task. No need to do anything with interior. 2 screws on top of the tail light and one on the inner side, after that you need to push it out away from the car to the left/right depending on which tail light it is, there are clips holding it in place.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:Very simple task. No need to do anything with interior. 2 screws on top of the tail light and one on the inner side, after that you need to push it out away from the car to the left/right depending on which tail light it is, there are clips holding it in place.
Ok, thanks for clarification. I saw a clip thought it needed to come out from back side. Didn't want to break anything.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

yeah, loosen the 2 screws, take off the top plastic piece, and give love taps with your palm on the insides of the tail light (length-wise) towards the outside of the car. it should pop right off, if anything its harder to get it back on XD
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

While you're at it, add some gusto to the plastic piece, I painted mine blaze red while swapping to LEDs.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”