slayer322's worklogggg

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
slayer322
antispam: No

slayer322's worklogggg

Post by slayer322 »

This is my Worklog for my 1992 Mazda MX-3 GS, bought it for relatively cheap, the woman that drove it before me decided to rub against something. Car has had zero smoking and has been oil sprayed from what i can tell for as-long as the cars been around, other then the hatch, there's practically zero rust on the car. The interior is practically mint and hasn't had tint installed every. Came with a Sony deck (freebie) which ill be replacing with my stereo from my Suzuki Swift GT.

Already installed Items
  • Real Carbon Fiber Shift Boot
    Real Carbon Fiber Gauge Cluster Overlay
    LED Map Lights
    LED Gauge Cluster Lights
    LED Cargo Light
Items to be installed
  • 1993 MX-3 GS Front Seats
    KLZE Header back exhaust 2.25"
    HID Projector Custom Fog Lights (4300K)
    HID Headlight Bulbs (4300K or 6000K)
    Drivers Side CV-Shaft
Fixed Items
  • Passenger Side CV-Shaft
    Passenger Wheel Bearing
    Random Light Bulbs
    Fixed Passenger and Hatch Locks (didn't work with original key :? )
    Cruise Control Buttons
    Fixed Rear Wiper Not Spraying Issue
    Fixed Hatch and Gas Tank Releas

To Be Fixed Items
  • Driver Side Wheel Bearing
    Passenger Side Fender
    Passenger Side Quarter Panel
    Replace Rear Hatch ( rusted :( )
    Passenger Side Toe issue (not sure yet )
    Passenger Side "GS" lip
    Fix AC Condenser noise when engine is cold
Future Mods / Changes
  • Powder-coat brake calipers (Red or Bronze)
    Powder-coat Stock GS rims (Bronze)
    Powder-coat intake manifold
    Powder-coat Rad Support
    Rear Upper Strut Bar
    KLZE Straighneck with Curveneck manifold
    KLDE intake springs
    Cold Air Intake
    Bore-out VRIS Solenoids
    Drop-zone Springs
    Red-Out tail lights
    Possible Bi-Xenon Retrofit
    Fresh Gloss Black Paint Job (very future)
Here's some pictures of the car how it was / is right now, most of my work wont be happening for another month, possibly sooner. I'm looking to drop a KLZE in late Feb and paint in June i hope, the rest will be kind-of random. 90% of the work ill be done by myself or with a bit of help from friends, i hate paying someone to fix something I could lol.

Pictures that make it look not mashed up:

Last edited by slayer322 on January 13th, 2010, 10:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1996 Mazda MX-3 GS - DD / Always a project Car
ZE + Pacesetters = <3
slayer322

Re: slayer322's worklogggg

Post by slayer322 »

Also, This Saturday, I'm picking up a parts car, everything's still intact except the 93 seats that everyone loves. It was hit on the drivers side, but other then that the rest of the body is in really good condition and it'll be a good donor car. got it for dirt cheap too lol, its red but meh.

and these are the fog lights i've retrofitted HID's into, the cutoff is really nice. Didn't want to go for the JDM fogs as they are stupid expensive and you need the JDM bumper to make it look good. If i had more money then for sure but these $20.00 fogs and 30 mins of my labor will do.

Last edited by slayer322 on January 13th, 2010, 10:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ZE + Pacesetters = <3
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

I bought my first car in similar bodily condition :2thumbsup: Who am I kidding, my other two were equal, if not worse.

You sounds like an intelligent guy, its a nice change. Best of luck with the restoration.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
slayer322

Post by slayer322 »

thanks lol, i hate body work but the rest i dont mind doing, hopefully over time it ends up looking good
ZE + Pacesetters = <3
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Ryan wrote:
You sounds like an intelligent guy, its a nice change.
Ow, Ryan, I'r not that dum.

GO on with your bad self, Slayer.
This is going to be a good worklog....
Last edited by fowljesse on January 14th, 2010, 12:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Btw devin the header back exhaust you have is 2.25. You can probly have my header as well for cheap in the spring.

and when you get this parts car let me know so I can come by and see if i need anything. I will pay you for the parts.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
slayer322

Post by slayer322 »

mx3autozam wrote:Btw devin the header back exhaust you have is 2.25. You can probly have my header as well for cheap in the spring.

and when you get this parts car let me know so I can come by and see if i need anything. I will pay you for the parts.
ah, my bad lol, ill change that to 2.25" and ill send you a text on Saturday or Sunday. I'll definitely pick up those headers for sure in the spring.

I was thinking as a, later in my spare time project, since i'll have a spare K8 with tranny , ecu and harness, possible swift resurrection???? that's 90% of my problems with that car lol.

and i fixed my photo bucket pics, i forgot to change the links after i moved them into a folder
ZE + Pacesetters = <3
slayer322

Post by slayer322 »

quick question for ppl that are looking,

I'm thinking of things to do to the ZE before i install it personally, i can weld, grind, die grind, torch and alot of other things soooooooo.... i was thinking of gutting my intake manifold and VRIS, im not sure if this will do anything good for sure or if its a gamble. any comments?
ZE + Pacesetters = <3
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Unless your going boost leave the vris intact and don't gut it too much. You'll loose alot of downlow power.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I recommend doing everything I did in my worklog :lol: or at least getting a KLG4 IM, and porting it. Check out xtremethings.com. Oh, man, I have So many suggestions, but am sick, and don't feel like typing right now. Check out alot of worklogs, though.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
slayer322

Post by slayer322 »

i guess the vris idea is out, makes sense though

i checked out the xtremethings.com page and do you think you could use a die grinder to do the knife edging or porting the intake manifold? obviously carefully lol
ZE + Pacesetters = <3
slayer322

Post by slayer322 »

Good news. Car is here. I'll be stripping parts this weekands and next but after that it's gone to the scrapyard. Other then thedrivers door and drivers fender the rest of the body is really good. No rust. If anyone needs anything let me know and I'll see if I have it. No front seats but 95% interior lefts, really clean too.
ZE + Pacesetters = <3
slayer322

Post by slayer322 »

some pics of the car, don't let the dirt fool you, this thing had 232xxx on it and there's not a speck of rust on the body. And the K8 still runs like a champ, needs a front valve cover seal, there's some oil on the connecting end of the spark plugs.

ZE + Pacesetters = <3
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

nice you got the good front valve cover on your black cars k8. sand blast that s--- put it on the ze!
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
slayer322

Post by slayer322 »

Bought myself a nice tire and rim set from someone local to me, really good tread left and they're exactly how i want them, just have to paint the center caps, he even gave me the paint he used, 3 coats of primer and 2 coats of paint.

Polished up the headlights from the parts car, they look pretty sweet, ill be doing some more work to them this weekend most likely to get them even clearer. Any random home remedies to bring out that extra clearness?

ZE + Pacesetters = <3

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”