Ubuntu

Please post here any content related to fighting viruses on the internet. (ie. Internet e-mail headers to help track down virus infected computers in the MX-3 community.)
Inodoro Pereyra

Ubuntu

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

A couple of weeks ago, I switched from windows xp to Ubuntu.

To make it short, I HIGHLY recommend it. It's so superior to windows, it's not even funny.

Here are some of he advantages I've seen so far:

It's FREE, all its applications are also free, and it can run most windows apps (in case you don't like the free ones, or you need something that's not supported).
It's so much faster than windows, you're gonna think somebody switched your computer.
There's almost no viruses for it, so you can kiss your antivirus goodbye.
It comes preloaded with Firefox, plus a bunch of apps including a word processor, spreadsheet, presentation software (like powerpoint), picture editor, GIMP (image editor), and a lot more.

But the most important part:

IT NEVER CRASHES!!!

And you have free community support at ubuntu.com, which is, by far, the most active forum I've ever seen.

Try it. You'll love it. :D
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
94drumx3

Re: Ubuntu

Post by 94drumx3 »

i actually just put it on my computer this past weekend...and it gave me some serious shnitfits at first...but its alright. real hard to install anything...thankfully people from other sites know what they're doing tho.
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Yea Ubuntu is great. Been using it for years. Media center in the living room runs on it as its media center is better than Windows. Our Router also runs on it, great to keep people out of your s---.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
jackvinsly
antispam: No

Post by jackvinsly »

Ubuntu is great for me. I have been use this one around 2 years in my laptop. I had seen not any problem in it. It have to do work in easy. It having a Very nice feature to compare with another OS.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I am gonna go dual boot and run it, see how it works. If I like it then I will get rid of my windows partition.
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

youll like it jordan. its way better then windows. the desktop effects are wicked. its a bit confusing at first but once you get the hang of it its alot easier to use then shitblows, sorry i mean windows...

the only problem is it isnt compatible with ntfs (windows partitions) so it makes file transfers between windows and ubuntu difficult.

Return to “Anti-Virus Forum”