FS Full height adjustable hydraulic suspension setup!!

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
daryl

FS Full height adjustable hydraulic suspension setup!!

Post by daryl »

Check this out, mainly for the guys from the UK on here.

I am selling a Full height adjustable hydraulic suspension setup for Mazda MX-3 taken from the gold car in the pictures.

Lets you adjust the ride height of the car from inside the car by using the 2 switch console shown in the pics.

The current setup lets you raise or lower the front and rear suspension seperately, or both together by pulling both switches at the same time.

This looks awesome in action and for a cruise or show car you can slamm it right down for maximum effect.

This kit contains everything you need for the setup apart from some fresh hydraulic fluid and replaces your stock suspension.

If you have a rare Imported 1.6 Mazda MX3 with DRUM brakes on the REAR instead of DISK brakes like most MX3's have, then the rear shocks will not fit.
You must have DISK brakes on the rear (99.9% do have this).

I have loads of pics on a CD of it being removed from the car that I will include so you can see clearly how it was fitted.

I will also give you a good run through of it all when you come to pick it up as its easier to show you than try and explain it all.

Its a days work to fit the kit.

But here is a basic runthrough: You replace your struts with the ones provided, these have hydraulic cables that you route and cable tie under the car and into the boot, you will have to make 4 round holes in the boot spare wheel well for them to come through. These connect to the hydraulic union box, then 4 hyrdaulic cables run from these to the sprung suspension you can see in the black metal frame in the pics. This frame is bolted to the battery holder at the front and welded to the boot floor at the back. You then have the large electric hydraulic fluid pump which contains the hydraulic fluid and has a bracket underneath that bolts through the boot floor, It has a hydraulic cable that supplies pressure to the main union box. Then there is the battery that supplies power to the pump and also has a power kill/cutoff switch for safety, the battery holder tray welds into the spare wheel well as you can see in the pics and the kill switch welds next to it. You then have electric actuators that link to the pump the main hydraulic union box and through a cable you run under the carpet and out under the drivers seat to the control box that sits in the front of the car.

The kit was made by Rayvern Hydraulics who do lots of custom low-rider stuff, check out their website for more info: http://www.rayvernhydraulics.com/

Here is a link to some video of the car which shows the hydraulics in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeRKb7S8 ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD0YMD9_ztE

When I took the kit off I noticed there was slight play in the front drivers side strut and just starting to get the slightest bit of play in the front passenger side (the backs are both fine), so i've been on the phone to the guys at Rayvern Hydraulics and been quoted £35 per strut for a total rebuild which sounds reasonable. He said all you do is post us out the struts and we will refurb them and send them back to you. He siad it costs about a fiver for you to post out one strut so your looking at £80 all in to refurb both front struts.

Here is there contact info, give them a call they are really nice guys:

Rayvern Hydraulics
Durham Farm
Goose Tree, Guyhirn,
Cambs.
PE13 4DE

01945 450150

IT IT LISTED ON EBAY HERE:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0514577252

This is a one off item, you won't get this chance again.
Newfie_dan

Re: FS Full height adjustable hydraulic suspension setup!!

Post by Newfie_dan »

dude that is pretty cool, best of luck with the sale.
Skuce

Post by Skuce »

interesting way of using the springs as accumulators. Why didn't you go with actual parkers?
Drew
'95 EGT 1.8
T
'93 ELX 1.9 SC
'91 ELX 1.9
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Just out of curiousity... what kind of ride quality does this offer? I can't imagine (or see) springs involved, and fluids don't compress too well unless working in part with a gas....

Solid suspension?

Or is that what those little springs on the other side of the system do? a mechanical spring for a hydraulic system... I took a class on this stuff a long time ago. I totally forget.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
daryl

Post by daryl »

They force on the dampers is transfered direcrly to the springs in the boot.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”