O2 Inversion Error!?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
garyb916
antispam: No

O2 Inversion Error!?

Post by garyb916 »

Hey guys, haven't been able to find any real solutions to my problem so I was hoping for some help.

I recently replaced both of the O2 sensors on my 93 MX6 LS because of trouble codes. It shut off my CEL for a bit, but then driving for about 15 minutes of freeway speed the light comes back on and gives me inversion errors for both sensors. Funny thing is that the CEL shuts off after decelerating. I put on cruise control, the light comes on, I slow down and it shuts off! Kinda weird.

The car also takes much longer than it should to heat up to normal operating temperature. I was thinking that might have something to do with it but I'm not too sure. It really takes about 20-30 minutes of freeway driving for the car to get to operating temperature.

Thanks for any help!
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: O2 Inversion Error!?

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Inversion? What?

First thing to check for is poor connection. Make sure the harnesses are snug. Did you splice the wires or get oem replacements?
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

May not be related to your CEL, but it sounds like your thermostat is stuck open if it takes that long to warm up.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
garyb916

Post by garyb916 »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:Inversion? What?

First thing to check for is poor connection. Make sure the harnesses are snug. Did you splice the wires or get oem replacements?
I used OEM parts. I've checked for loose connections already, everything is snug.

And I was thinking that about the thermostat too, but would that make it so my O2 sensors didn't warm up? Nah, besides it still throws the CEL even when the car is up to temperature, but I'll probably replace the thermostat anyways.
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

SOUNDS LIKE MY PROBLEM! check engine comes on. i accelerate it turns off
CF Hood, Kenwood everything, 2.25 catback exhaust, H&R Springs, F&B Strut bars

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good afternoon from the biggest Douch around;D
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

garyb916 wrote:
_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:Inversion? What?

I used OEM parts. I've checked for loose connections already, everything is snug.

And I was thinking that about the thermostat too, but would that make it so my O2 sensors didn't warm up? Nah, besides it still throws the CEL even when the car is up to temperature, but I'll probably replace the thermostat anyways.
No. As I said, your CEL would not be related AFAIK to your thermostat, BUT your thermostat is my guess as to why the temp doesn't go up for quite some time. AGAIN, thermostat probably not related to CEL, but worth investigating.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
garyb916

Post by garyb916 »

Mx3Kid16 wrote:SOUNDS LIKE MY PROBLEM! check engine comes on. i accelerate it turns off
Yeah but mine turns off when I slow down, not speed up. I was looking through the threads and I saw you had an inversion error without your check engine light coming on. What did you do to fix the inversion problem? I also sent you an email through this message board, guess you didn't get it yet? Anyways, any help would be appreciated.
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

nope i didnt get it. Well.. i got an air mixture code.. so i replaced my maf, o2 sensors, and tightend up the kinda loose hose clamps and it doesn't happen any more :shrug:
CF Hood, Kenwood everything, 2.25 catback exhaust, H&R Springs, F&B Strut bars

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good afternoon from the biggest Douch around;D

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”